How likely is it to experience thinning during Minoxidil shed?

sheraz104

Shedding is pretty common when starting minoxidil but I can't quite any statistics. For the most part, the shedding is temporary. The hairs that were shed should being to regrow about 3 months later and become more robust.

Only the weakest hairs that were about to be lost permanently may not regrow.

It's no fun but stick it out and things should be looking good in a few months.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I don't know if it's possible for minoxidil to cause complete and total hair loss in particular spots but I don't recall ever hearing of a similar case.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Shedding is a good sign, the miniaturized hairs are shed and they grow back healthier and thicker, when I was 22 got on minoxidil I noticed shedding like crazy, I stopped it, then when I was 26 I got back on but this time I didn't notice shedding, I think the miniaturization process was too advanced and could not be reversed. So in summation, if you notice a lot of shedding stick with it, that's a good sign it's working.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.