Testosterone supplements

BMW1990

HEY EVERYONE,

I have recently gotten pretty serious about my lifting and dieting, but still have the urge to try to obtain that extra "edge" during my lifting. I have seen a lot of supplements that boost "free" testosterone and some of the reviews and ingredients seem promising. My question is, If i were to start taking a supplement like this, would experience any kinda of hair loss? My hair is more important to me but it would be nice to add something like this to my routine. Does anyone have any experience or input on this?

As someone with a degree in exercise science I can tell you that non of that stuff works and if it has plant sterols it can actually hurt your body's natural testosterone levels over time. If you want to increase natural testosterone read this entire page and try the H.I.I.T. cardio that Dr. Mercola does. Ironically he has MPB lol.

Boosting HGH and Testosterone

Here are my 2 cents. Remember this isn't a medical consultation and I don't practice endocrinology...this is just what I think.

1. We do 130 or so strip cases a year. Every year we have 2 guys faint. Every year one of those guys is a big lug who's on some type of testosterone supplement or injection. ALL of those guys say their hair got worse on the supplements.

2. A guy I posted 2x, my dentist who is one of the toughest guys I know....doing extreme endurance events, way tougher than the ironman that I did...noted significant loss when he got on a small dose of Low T therapy.

3. I personally would take T supplements daily, if I didn't think the cardiac and prostate cancer risks outweighed the benefits. I hate getting old. I do believe a "whiff" of growth hormone will be the answer to all of our aging concerns...its just that dose hasn't been figured out enough for my comfort yet....

4. We did a guy a few years back....came in as a 50 year old with a soft pudgy body and little hair and a mean girlfriend....she got in 2 arguments with my staff in 4 hours....tough to do. He got 3000 grafts, say Nov 1. He came back a year later....and I wish I'd filmed this testimonial.

He said he had his hair done Nov 1. The hair started growing May 1. He ditched the angry girlfriend June 1. He got on testosterone supplements July 1. "and doc, I've been hitting it out of the park ever since!" THAT is a testimonial to something....either hair or testosterone (which goes against my advice above).

Again use this info as you see fit, but do research before you start supplements and better yet, consult your doctor.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians