Michael Vories, MD FUE Update

New photo on previously posted patient- his hair continues to thicken at the 9 month mark. I believe this is due not to new growth, but to increased caliber of this transplanted hair over the past month or so. We are seeing much earlier growth, with increased hair caliber, now that we are over one year from using suction assisted extraction.

Oblique.JPG.68adba916a437713c5ba6ecf866353d3.JPG

5b32e7afcc4b8_Oblique30wks.jpg.673286897160298870d9b50d11f3b390.jpg

Thank you for the updated photo and info, Dr. Vories.

The patient is your rep, John Casper, yes? He's looking good!

If I recall correctly, you did two large FUE procedures on him: 5,000+ grafts in 2012 and another 2,000 grafts nine months ago? Did you use suction assisted extraction, i.e. the Neograft machine, for his first procedure? And forceps placement?

Do you have an “after” picture of similar angle and lighting as the "after" picture you posted, showing the fully matured result of his first procedure? This would give us a sense of his starting point prior to his second procedure so we can better appreciate the points you are making about earlier growth and increased hair caliber you are seeing under your current FUE protocol.

Thanks!

Sure thing.

First Surgery- approx 5000 grafts. NeoGraft suction assisted extraction with Hans Lion Implanter Pens for placement.

Second Surgery- 2000 grafts. Vortex motorized punch with manual extraction, and Hans Lion Implanter Pens for placement.

Here is a better view showing the progression- before 1st procedure, before 2nd procedure, and current. The current shot was sent by Johnny, so I had no control over the lighting. Thanks!

01.jpg.3f3778f349f5a7240761d88c7a06c720.jpg

02.jpg.7c1fc678bdf9c1d192ff4235e3d6096e.jpg

03.jpg.df354de9b8fcd06c7c021d80ad9a9810.jpg

We see you John Casper! Looking mighty fantastic. The difference between now and the 2nd procedure is huge, not to mention the difference between now and the first one.

Congrats to you both.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56