Which shampoo can help mi with Minoxidil itching and dandruff

Hi, I have been using Kirkland Minoxidil liquid 5% twice daily for a month now along with Finasteride Sandoz 1.25mg every day.

I am also using KetMed shampoo (which has ketokonazole), but itching and big flakes of dandruff simply don't stop. Also hairs come off with dandruff especialy from my crown and I am having massive shedding (which is expected I suppose).

Since my dermathologist told me not to use Ket shampoo more than once a week I would like to add some anti-inflamatory/anti-dandruff shampoo to my regimen. First that comes to my mind is Alpecin Double Effect shampoo which I used before with some success in treating dandruff.

Do you guys think that is safe to use Alpecin Double Effect shampoo every other day with adding Ket shampoo once a week also with continuing with Minoxidil twice a day?

Or if you could recommend me some good shampoo that could help me with dandruff and itching which is really bothering me now.

Also, I think that I will switch to Minoxidil foam soon. Do you think that this would help?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Edited by Ashitaka

I will give you my honest opinion, My EXs used to call me Mr. Dandruff after breaking up with me so it was really an issue with me lol. I started to have dandruff since I started my Minoxidil regime back in 2007. I used all type of shampoos from Ketoconazole (Nizoral 2%) to Salicylic Acid (Alpecin Double Effect) to Zinc pyrithione (Selsun Blue). Ketoconazole seems to be the strongest however its not that safe to be used for long term basis plus it changes the texture and color of hair and it may affect the liver with time.

The only thing worked for me was this ingredient (Piroctone Olamine), its an anti-fungal ingredient to treat dandruff caused by Seborrhoeic Dermatitis. Its a very effective ingredient for mild to moderate dermatitis. Perhaps not as effective as e.g. Ketoconazole but its also a milder ingredient, effective for all but the most severe breakout.

Im using this brand which is affordable plus has many advantages (soap and alkali free). Its called (SEBAMED ANTI DANDRUFF).

Regarding Minoxidil, I strongly advice you using the liquid formula as its much effective because it contains PG. I started to apply 2ml in the night once a day instead of 1ml in day and night which made me get rid of the itching sensation. Dr. Bernstein made a paper about the difference between solution and foam and how solution is way effective.

Video: Which Is Better: Rogaine Foam Or Liquid? | Bernstein Medical

Hope this helps buddy. Good Luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thanks HARIRI, that helps me a lot! :)

I will either buy Sebamed or T/Gel Neutrogena shampoo as it seems that both contain Piroctone Olamine.

I think that I will try the combination of using Minoxidil foam at morning and liquid at night. Is that good idea?