Can anything be done to stop itching?

Hi I'm on day 3 post op. very little swelling, only really on day 1 after I had some swelling and had subsided yesterday so happy there. Last night and this morning feels like it would be great to scratch my head for some relief from the itching. (Obviously I'm not going to do that) it's tomorrow that I will be starting to clean off doner area from scabbyness. Now is there anything that can be done to relieve me untill then? Or is it more of keeping my mind off it?

So you know where I am I've had 3000 grafts FUE to sort my NW 2/3 hairloss.

I'm guessing that there isn't much that can be done but thought as I'm being a hermit at the moment time spent posting here is taking up some time :D

yeah the itching is a frustrating and will only get worse, get an empty gentle spray bottle and fill it with saline water

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Bottles of sterile saline can be purchased at your local pharmacy or even a large retailer very cheaply. I would not recommend that you mix any salt with it, you don't need that and will even dry your scalp further.

The itchy sensation is due in part to the healing process and actually a good sign. Using a shampoo and cr?me rinse enriched with aloe vera will greatly help keep you scalp moist and reduce the itching sensation.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY