Thinking of HT, from UK, nervous flyer

Hello comrades!

What a great resourceful forum!

Ok i will try keep it as brief as possible...

I'm 32 years of age from the UK, been slowly receding for 10 years and thinning on the crown for about 7, i would say i'm between a Norwood 2 and 2.5 (i will upload pics soon)

My current treatments are - Minoxidil 5% for about 2 years - initial crown thickening but nothing to shout about. Finasteride for 1 year, 0.5 for 6 months and upped the dose to 1mg back in Jan this year - results have been impressive on the crown, noticeable thickening and possible regrowth, however my hairline from the start seems to have gotten worse, before fin i had what you could call a few rows of miniturised hairs in front of my hairline when pulled back, and 1 year after fin they have all but disappeared (i had high hopes that fin would turn these into stronger more terminal looking hairs)

So, the fin has worked on my crown yet raped and pillaged my hairline, which has turned me from a lurker of hairloss forums for many years, to creating an account to post here because i'm now depressed and fed up enough to now be considering a HT.

My current and only hairstyle for the last 10 years has been the same, i keep it short at the back and sides and cropped on top, but i create a visual NW1 hairline by cutting the middle part of it as close as possible, then i grow my receded corners down and trim them level and voila!! I kind of look like i have got a strong hairline from a distance...

Throw into this some straighteners, some toppik / nanogen, and 1 hours worth of elaborate hairstyling every morning and im confident enough that nobody i know thinks im suffering from hairloss....but it has become exhausting, debilitating, and depressing....basically i have let myself become a slave to my hair and it's ruining my life...

Ok i need to cut to the chase....i'm considering a transplant, but i'm s**t scared of flying, i WILL get on a plane but it's really not ideal..

So after some research i have narrowed down potential surgeons to Spain or Belgium..

I would like to have my receded corners of my hairline filling in and bringing down so i can finally grow it and not be scared the expose it with varying hairstyles, i would also save some for filling in a bit of the crown...

So i guess a rough estimate would be 1500-2000 grafts, majority into the hairline and the rest in the crown.

The surgeons i currently have in mind are -

Dr Feriduni

Dr Bisanga

Dr Lorenzo (plane journey)

I would say i'd sway more towards the aggressive hairlines than the conservative ones, so maybe there is some other sugeons someone can recommend?

And what is the general consensus currently on the surgeons listed? They seem to change alot in popularity i guess as their results are constantly posted etc...

And one final question - how do they do their consultations when it's a surgeon abroad? Do they Skype the patient then book them in for the surgery if they feel they are suitable?

Sorry for rambling!

Kind regards

Yeah i have been reading alot about Koray Erdogan, amazing results, but a bit too far for me especially with the chance of follow up appontments and procedures...

Yeah any flight over 2 hours and I'm really struggling, but some of his work looks incredible...

Whilst on the subject of Belgium surgeons, are there any others other than Feriduni and Bisanga that are in their league if not better? I know there is De Reys and Mwamba but I haven't done much research on them yet.

Thanks!

The 4 you mentioned are probably the better known. Bisangas clinic does Skype consultations too and he comes to London every few months for consultations. Definitely one to consider from feedback on the forums. And it's a easy train ride on Euro tunnel. You could also consider getting some diazepam meds from your GP to relax you on your flight if anxiety is a great problem.