Dr. Lindsey video interview 6 months after HT and PRFM in class 7 patient McLean VA

This fellow walked in today, 6 months out from a 2500 graft strip case. He's a tough case...fine light hair, large bald scalp, small donor area, and he likes a short haircut.

I've been recommending platelet rich fibrin matrix to these thin hair fellows since October and pretty consistently now we're seeing earlier and better growth. I did a lot of research on fibrin glue in the 80s to repair wounds...and this is just a variant. Its a longer lasting version of prp, which in my animal research of 88 and 89....gets washed out of the wound field fairly quickly.

I'll post a separate thread on it soon.

He was nice enough to do a short video and hopefully he'll comon the forum and post. We'll see him next summer for a second case. Pictures are preop, postop and 1 month scar check. The video is 5 months 3 weeks postop.

Dr. Lindsey

2.jpg.0aef356178b00fd74ce1f2769c1a55ff.jpg

4.jpg.a196e838d2eae9dfa9dfb6b42ce9c743.jpg

15.jpg.0466bb2a3f68b5d4839aec591d22d79a.jpg

5b32e7338adf1_20(3).jpg.159e312c737450796db203e98e4f13e6.jpg

5b32e733ac8b2_20(2).jpg.295471cb8c5422d8e532d9f9f91940b4.jpg

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Great start for this gentleman! I hope we'll get to follow him through his second procedure and see how he ends up.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Great thread! Thanks for sharing.

Really look forward to reading more about PRFM too.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Very nice Dr. Lindsey the scar looks great he must be a happy guy . Like I said in another post a lot of scars from HT are thin and undetectable it all depends on your physiology and your doctor. I can't wait to see more pictures of him when he's done growing.

After years of contemplation and research, I had a strip method HT with Dr William Lindsey of McLean, VA, in Jan 2015. It was a great experience overall. He is very professional and knowledgeable as is his staff. He is also very responsive to answer questions by phone or email before the surgery and following up afterward. Everything went well the day of the surgery. Took about 6 hours. Just took some valium the Dr prescribed as well as some injections in the scalp for pain. Dr Lindsey also recommended the platelet injection he mentions above. It costs about $1000 but I think it was a good investment to promote growth following my HT. Recovery was uneventful and went well. The scar looks pretty good and is minimal. I treated it daily for about a month or so alternating Maderma with liquid Vitamin E. I had some minor facial swelling for about a week which went away. The hair growth at 6 months has been outstanding I think. I have already had about 4 haircuts (on top, too). I plan to get another HT procedure with Dr Lindsey in Summer 2016 to add more to the top/back. Again, I could not be happier with the doctor and the procedure. It has been a life changing thing for me.

As I told you before we got started...you are a tough case. And I think you look terrific and will only get better over the next 8 months or so. And a second case will help as well as we move back your head.

I'm particularly excited you posted. You know, some guys would look at this and say that your case or 2 are a long slide for a short run...and others like you see it as a HUGE change.

As you can testify, I'm pretty blunt. I can't give you enough hair that all of a sudden a new corvette shows up in your driveway, or a bunch of cheerleaders show up at your house...but I can frame your face and that changes YOU from appearing pretty bald from a frontal view, to looking significantly more youthful. And THAT appearance to go along with your youthful vigor...I do think is what has made the "life changing" change for you.

Most importantly, when potential patients are considering surgery is that they understand what can and can not be accomplished. I didn't show you a 25 year old with just a little hair need as an example patient. I showed you guys who had similar starting points to you and showed you what I think we can accomplish. At least 2 x a month I see guys who are reportedly swayed elsewhere into surgery by being told that they can "look 30 again" when they maybe, maybe have 4000 grafts to work with and are chronologically 60. I'm glad you did your research and that you came to me.

Thanks again for posting. See you in a year.

Dr. Lindsey

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians