Nizoral Shampoo & Toppik

A question for you guy's out there. :)

For the first time today, I've bought some Nizoral shampoo after reading many things about it.

I'm going to use it twice a week, is that okay? I've heard the main ingredient in it helps to clean DHT of the scalp which sounds great! Do you guys think this is a good thing to add to my regime of Propecia and Minoxidil? I'm now on the BIG 3 I guess :eek:

Secondly, I've been using Toppik for like a year now. It does the job, but I found it to be a little heavy on the hair (maybe I'm applying to much) and it's quite messy!

Do you know of another product like this I could try that can give a really good cover up result? I read about that 'Mane' one which seems okay. What do you guys use and which do you think is best?

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Roberto,

I've been using Nizoral 1% twice weekly for a few years now along with Rogaine Foam. My finasteride use has been off and on again.

Frankly, I couldn't say with any certainty if Nizoral has had a positive effect on my hair loss. The active ingredient ketoconazole is said to be as effective as minoxidil but that may only apply to the 2% formula available by prescription only.

I do like the way it makes my hair feel, I've had no ill side effects from it and it's affordable so I plan to keep using it.

I don't have a lot of experience with hair loss concealers but, if you're looking to stick with a fiber type concealer, Nanogen and Caboki often receive rave reviews.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your reply, David. :)

I agree with you on the Nizoral front. A lot of people say it makes there hair flat and dry but I really gives my scalp a good clean and seems to make me hair a little thicker.

I think I'll also give Caboki a try to compare it to Toppik!

Thanks again. :cool: