Toppik and side effects and whatnot

So, I've been using Toppik for the past few months until I have hair transplant #2 (Next February, I assume).

While I haven't experienced any side effects myself, I see a lot of paranoia/etc with people saying that they 'lost so much hair' and stuff on Toppik.

Can toppik actually cause hairloss and etc? I imagined that as long as I didn't have any breaks in my skin or was spraying it onto an open wound that it would stay out of my system to actually cause anything bad?

There's also apparently side effects like irregular breathing and etc, but I'm less worried about those.

Can Toppik actually cause more hairloss and etc, or is it more likely that the people using it just weren't on any meds to maintain their hair and continued losing it?

I am not aware of any reason why Toppik would cause hair loss. The only issues that I know of surrounding the use of hair loss concealers is regarding the application of makeup style concealers like DermMatch in the days and weeks after hair transplant surgery.

For more on that topic see the following article from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog: Possible Complications From Using “Makeup Type” Concealer After a Hair Transplant Procedure

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website