Belgravia switch from Propecia to Aindeem

TommyLucchese

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Has anyone made the switch who can comment on whether or not it affected their hair?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Yes but generic versions have caused a lot of people to lose more hair, myself included a few years ago. I saw Dr Feller say this in a thread that he and other doctors have seen this occur in their patients.

Generics are cheaper and Belgravia did not offer me a discounted price so I'm assuming it is about profit. I wonder if they'll have a lot of unhappy patients once results start kicking in.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

I'm not saying that you're wrong Tommy, because I couldn't categorically do so. That said, I think it's arguable that the vast majority of cases of people experiencing "increased hair loss" on generics are people who are predisposed to noticing even the slightest change in their hair (changes that may have been destined to occur regardless of which brand of finasteride they were taking).

I would hypothesise that these anecdotal accounts are not truly representative of generic's effectiveness. It's pretty easy for one's mind to play tricks! That said, take whatever you're comfortable with.

You're right.

I don't know if I should go ahead with this product or instead go for Proscar for half the price.