Density and Grafts

EastCoast

They say hair caliber is more important than number of grafts. My donor hair is considered a 9 on a scale of one to 10. Will I need half the grafts of someone say 4 on the donor scale ? I don't know if I believe this graft theory. My ht looked unnatural until grafts were as close to 1 millimeter apart as possible (much like nature). I already have 3,200 grafts in the front and midscalp. I will probaly need another 1k in that area to finish up when the time comes. This leaves a bald crown. Any feedback ?

They say hair caliber is more important than number of grafts. My donor hair is considered a 9 on a scale of one to 10. Will I need half the grafts of someone say 4 on the donor scale ? I don't know if I believe this graft theory. My ht looked unnatural until grafts were as close to 1 millimeter apart as possible (much like nature). I already have 3,200 grafts in the front and midscalp. I will probaly need another 1k in that area to finish up when the time comes. This leaves a bald crown. Any feedback ?

You have a great situation with you donor hair it sounds like. You will need less FU for your crown work than you did for you hairline work because you will have more 3-4 FU's in the crown. I would recommend getting your crown done at the same time you get your 1K hairline touch-up. You can get good coverage with 800-1000 FU on the crown. Good luck and like to see some pics.

Hair shaft diameter is just a factor in overall hair volume or bulk, but it's not a simple mathematical formula (I have twice the hair shaft diameter , so I will need half the grafts). It doesn't work like that. It is a separate issue than how close you need to plant the grafts to have the best results.

Having a lot of volume is good for coverage in a 'shingle' or combover effect. Coarse hair covers better by taking up more space as it lays across your head. But you still want grafts that are tightly spaced. Grafts spaced far apart with big gaps in between will always look inferior.