is mesotherapy good for hair restoration?

jay789

Hi all, i am new to this dicussion forum but i have been browsing this site from last few months and it feels as if i know u guys very well.

I m facing hair loss problems from last 3 years but never paid much attention to it. I visited a dermatologist before 6 months and he asked me to take following drugs:

1. mintop 10%

2. finaex

3. sebowash & sebamed shampoo

4. keraglo forte (vitamin)

i am taking all these regularly from last 6 months and i think i have regained some of my lost hair but i cannot see a major impact so i told my dermatologist abt me doing a hair transplant but he suggested me to do mesotherapy where with the use of dermaroller they will do a treatment which will help me to regain more hair.

he is asking rs. 10,000 (usd 200) for the treatment which is good money here in india, so i just need a suggesion from u guys whether it is worth spending the money for the treatment named mesotheapy, r there any proven result for this treatment?

from my research i have learned that in mesotherapy they use a roller full of needle on ur head n then put minoxidil so it can reach the root of hair, anyways i dont know anyone who have done this treatment so if anyone knows abt it please let me know n also tell me if u found any good hair transplant doctor in mumbai or india

bye 4 now

take care

Jay789,

Welcome to our forum community.

Copied from another website:

-----------------------------------

What is Mesotherapy

Pioneered by the French physician Dr. Michel Pistor in 1952, Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure that is widely used in Europe and elsewhere to treat various injuries and medical conditions. This medical specialty targets problem areas with microinjections of conventional or homeopathic medicines, vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Tiny "medicinal bullets" are delivered directly into the mesoderm (middle layer of skin) that are highly specific to the condition being treated. Among its many applications, Mesotherapy can be used for the following:

Mesotherapy to eliminate cellulite

Mesotherapy to promote weight loss

Mesotherapy to provide anti-aging benefits

Mesotherapy to eliminate localized fat deposits

Mesotherapy ( Mesotherapie) was recognized by the French National Academy of Medicine in 1986 as an integral part of traditional medicine. Each day, thousands of doctors worldwide use Mesotherapy to help tens of thousands of patients.

-----------------------------------

What "medicinal bullets" does your doctor recommend being injected into your balding scalp to stimulate hair regrowth?

Finasteride and minoxidil may help strengthen and rejuvenate thinning hair and improve the appearance of density. But understand that only hair transplant surgery has been proven to grow hair in completely bald areas.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill ,

Thanks a lot for your reply

I dont know what "medicinal bullets" is recommended but i was told that an equipment named dermaroller will be used for mesotheapy which will help in gaining more hair.

I dont have complete bald areas as such and if possible i would like to regain hair without hair transplant, because to do a transplant out of india is out of my buget.

so again the question what is your suggesion, should i do mesotherapy as suggested by my doctor? is it worth spending the money? will it give me atleast 10% better result then what i m getting by applying finasteride and minoxidil?

i will post my pics asap so the u can get a better idea of my hair condition

bye n take care

jay789