Max out donor hair?

hey everyone,

its been some time since I have had to post a question on a forum.

As you may know, I had a relatively aggressive first HT, not a low hairline, but just a lot of grafts. I am going to need probabally another 2-2500 grafts to add to the mid front of my head so it looks even. I have descent donor, but for the sake of arguement if my hairloss goes to a NW 6 and donor is maxed out and I turn to my grizzly beard hair for donor, would it all look natural together? or should I just assume i should never work on the crown just in case.?

any experience?

p.s. i am on proscar for over 3 years and my ht was well over 2 years ago.

2998 grafts/ Dr. Rahal/ 9/11/2007

My Hair Loss Weblog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

Pretty damn happy

If you use another ~2500 grafts (allocated to your mid-scalp), is your donor likely maxed out?

Another question is would this simply be you being "stripped out"...? Could likely have another 1-2k in FUE available, without even having to resort to beard hair.

I'm not sure I would really put a lot of stock into using beard hair, at least not in the sense that I would allow to effect my decision-making in any major way.

Bspot could correct me, but I seem to remember him saying in chat once that he thought beard hair could be best used in the vertex for filler.

Not knowing all these details on your situation it's tough to really say too much definitively, but one thing to consider is to strip yourself out, and then go to FUE, and in a "worst case", look to achive coverage vs. density in your crown and use nano on it, or simply have a thinnish crown.

Have you responded well to proscar? If you have, that is pretty huge, and going to NW6 could very well be a very infinitessimal possiblity in and of itself.

And I guess since you already aggressively hit your hairline, you're somewhat "committed" to simply maxing out your donor and allocating it as you best see fit as you progress.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

i've kinda realized this already.

to boot I have good donor hair and laxity, I wouldnt be surprised if there was another 6+ K grafts available still.

the goal is to strip till no more than move onto the next best option.

I guess im more at, "who has been there"?

i'm happy with my HT, it still looks great but, the forelock is a freaking time bomb and ive been delaying the second HT to have it thin just a bit more so im not back at square one after shockloss and what not.

proscar has done me well, im hoping there will be more advances, in the last 20 alone there has been so much, so maybe the next 20 will actually bring HM, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

so yeah, anyonemaxed out yet?

2998 grafts/ Dr. Rahal/ 9/11/2007

My Hair Loss Weblog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

Pretty damn happy