Seven months after second hair transplant...

Hi, everyone. Thanks for reading. Here is my situation regarding my first and second hair transplants to take care of my receding hairline.

In 2013, I went to go see Dr. Leonard in Newton, Massachusetts, who got me on Propecia in March 2013. He charged me $6,200 for an FUT procedure in October 2013 that did not accomplish much at all. He also never revealed to me how many grafts he was going to transplant. He had a poor beside manner too, in my opinion. I always felt like he was in a rush to get me out of his office whenever I would go in to see him - and that was after driving for nearly an hour to get to his office in Newton Centre. During my procedure, he even raised his voice at me over something. I think he overcharges for mediocre-at-best work.

In August 2014, realizing that the first hair transplant was not going to take care of my hairline, I went to see another doctor, also in Massachusetts. (I'll call him "Dr. DiS" for now.) He believed he could fill in the rest of the thin areas Leonard did not address with an FUE procedure (called the "IGT") of 1,100 grafts. Dr. DiS and his very pleasant staff did the procedure in early October 2014. It was a superior experience compared to Leonard's office. I felt like I was actually part of the decision-making process there, and they even showed me how many of my follicles contained like three and four hairs in them. They treated me very well during the surgery. The price for the surgery was much more reasonable. Because I took a spot they needed to fill quickly, I only paid approximately $4,300.

But that was seven months ago. At present, there is not much growth. I started to see scattered hairs around the hairline and temples sprout last month and maybe in late March, but nothing else. There is no cosmetic change, even at this point. I look very much like how I did when I first went to see DiS. I called his office to express my concern, and I was told by him and his consultant that I should not be too concerned, that the full results would not appear until twelve to eighteen months. I found this very unsettling as it seems to me that I should at least see some sort of cosmetic change by now. Attached is a photograph of my hairline taken in December 2014, shortly after surgery two.

The confusion and trauma I have been going through with hair loss affects all aspects of my life. Have any of you ever stopped "feeling like yourself"? That's where I am. Hair loss haunts me all day long. I am plagued with anxiety and depression. I am becoming concerned that I have blown all sorts of money that could have been better spent elsewhere. Any thoughts? Might the delay in this second procedure be that some second procedures simply take longer to grow?

5b32e6118e732_Drenashairline.JPG.e97ca9701b1e58dbfd2f7077f07ee20d.JPG

apparently ur not doing much research cause there are ZERO doctors in Mass that anyone here wud recommend you to go to.

save ur money and head to Europe and get it fixed before you have no donor hairs left to transplant.