Obssesive hair loss - mesotherapy

kostik

Hi guys, I just wanna share my obsession with my hairloss. I know its unhealthy and it has taken away much of my time, but sadly it's in my head 24/7.

When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is counting the number of hair lost on the pillow and the sheet below. Then I would run my wet hand through my scalp and see how many hairs come out.

When I am at work, I spend far more time in the toilet than anybody else, just to check my hair. To get away from suspicion, I go to a different toilet on a different floor each time.

When I walk my way home, I would slow down at any mirror surface and check my reflection. I often wandering into a gas station just to check my head on top from a mounted security camera.

This is not my story but my story is very similar. I started to visit mesotherapy session. I just had my second therapy. In my opinion my hair loss is due to the stress. Iam all time stressed. My doctor told me that mesotherapy almost always worked. Do you thing that mesotherapy could also work on such a stressed person??

Hi guys, I just wanna share my obsession with my hairloss. I know its unhealthy and it has taken away much of my time, but sadly it's in my head 24/7.

When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is counting the number of hair lost on the pillow and the sheet below. Then I would run my wet hand through my scalp and see how many hairs come out.

When I am at work, I spend far more time in the toilet than anybody else, just to check my hair. To get away from suspicion, I go to a different toilet on a different floor each time.

When I walk my way home, I would slow down at any mirror surface and check my reflection. I often wandering into a gas station just to check my head on top from a mounted security camera.

This is not my story but my story is very similar. I started to visit mesotherapy session. I just had my second therapy. In my opinion my hair loss is due to the stress. Iam all time stressed. My doctor told me that mesotherapy almost always worked. Do you thing that mesotherapy could also work on such a stressed person??

I'm afraid there's no evidence that so-called mesotherapy achieves anything other than depleting your bank account. You need to get an objective opinion of your hair situation and your psychological state. Your should see your family doctor. Obsessive rumination about some aspect of one's appearance isn't uncommon and a licensed clinical psychologist should be able to help you.

I understand fully the obsession that you deal with, as I'm sure many of us on the board have dealt with this in some fashion or another to varying degrees. I suggest you look into discussing this with a therapist, specifically one who deals with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This is one of the most practical forms of therapy out there and could really do wonders to help with the ruminating you deal with on a daily basis.

I suffered from OCD for over 20 years before I finally sought out treatment. There are a lot of parallels between what you're describing and some of the main characteristics of OCD. It was the CBT that really helped me get my life/mind under control, and I think it's worth looking into for you. The results are proven, practical, and generally very fast.

Feel free to shoot me a private message if you have any further questions. Wishing you the best of luck.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Mate sorry to hear of your troubles!

I was and sometimes resort back to ocd type behaviours which is actually quite normal for hair loss sufferers.

I tried many alternatives to medication which never worked, it is a form of body dismorphia...google if not aware of this condition. I actually snapped out of it when I realised that I should be thankful for what I have and not what I wont in the future (if it happens)

Always happy to talk about my experiences with you just shoot a pm.

Mike

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*