2,500 Hair transplant with NY surgeon, future HT with Dr Rahal being planned out

Hi everyone. I spent 6 months researching hair transplants, and ended up ignoring everyone's advice to not let long distance limit options. For me I felt strongly that it was important for me to live/work close to my hair surgeon. Therefore I ended up narrowing my choices to True & Dorin, Dr Feller, Dr Bernstein, and Dr Wesley in NY/NJ. Ended up get strip for approx 2,500 grafts in July of last year. In hindsight I now realize how unnecessary it was to limit my options the way I did. The results have been outstanding (I will post my story soon with the pics in thes thread, just want to give my surgeon a Curtisy heads up before naming him) so far, and I am gearing up to start consultations with Dr Rahal in July this year to have an additional surgery to add density and just touch up the hairline ever so slghtly. Looking at another 2,000 grafts. Don't get me wrong, my NY selected surgeon far exceeded my expectations, but if I could go back in time and do it again, I would definitely have gone with either H&W or Dr Rahal. I did online consultations with Dr Hasson (3,500 - 4,000 grafts recommended) and Dr Ron Shapiro (2,500 grafts). No idea why I never consulted with Dr Rahal or Konier at the time, but think it was becaus by that stage I knew I was going to go with a NY surgeon where I live.

To everyone out there deciding on a surgeon, please please please don't let travel and distance be a factor. There is really no reason to be close to your surgeon at all. I went back a couple of times for cleaning in the the first couple of days post surgery, and then a week later to get the sutures removed. I could easily have stayed in Ottawa for a week and had the sutures removed by another doc in NY.

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message