Am I a 2 percenter? (A 1%er would be better!)

I've read that roughly 2% of patients have their new grafts continue to grow and not go dormant after their procedure.

I'm about 2 1/2 weeks after my procedure and have noticed that about 50% of my grafts have grown considerably, maybe doubling in size since my transplant. It's pretty noticeable compared to where they were when transplanted.

The other half of the grafts have hairs that are the same size as when transplanted or have fallen out. I'm guessing the ones that haven't grown are dormant and waiting to fall out.

Is it likely that the 50% that have grown so much will stop growing and still go dormant in the next week or two like generally happens? Or, are the 50% that are growing an indication that I am one of the lucky few to have transplanted hair that will continue to grow after the procedure and they won't go dormant (at least for a while)?

Really curious to see what happens over the next few weeks!

20150419_222024.jpg.68a26940b4eb055b79f02ed736e5874d.jpg

Edited by ModernHair

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Still early. You may still lose them in a few weeks. I started losing mine in about that time frame.

Were the ones you lost growing before they fell out? My 50% have grown pretty nicely.

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Were the ones you lost growing before they fell out? My 50% have grown pretty nicely.

I swore they were! :rolleyes: Maybe just the minor scalp swell retracting gave me the impression of growth. At a month I had lost 95% of them.

Not saying you are going to lose them though. Maybe lucky.

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html