Niz, Minox and shedding...

Hi all

I started using Nizoral about 6 weeks ago, and I have been experiencing a lot of shedding of hair and itching. I have been using the shampoo (1 %) 3-4 times a week, for 6-7 minutes. I guess I found out the hard way that its too often/too long, and I've dropped the dosage to twice a week for about 3 minutes. There is still some itching, less than before though, and the shedding of hair is not as bad - there is still some though.

I read somewhere about some shampoos that if I use it on days where i dont use Nizoral, could ease the itching. I've tried to find the thread, but without any luck. Can anyone help?

Also - and perhaps more importantly - I've heard that this shedding period is normal, and that the same happens with minoxidil. Is it the same hairs that are targeted/shed? If I were to start on Minoxidil also, wouldn't I experience all the initial shedding again?

Thanks in advance :-)

PS: I use finasteride everyday, and have done it for the past 8 years. It has definitely worked by slowing the hairloss considerably down, but I've reached a point where it isnt enough any longer, thats why I started with the Nizoral. Oh, and I'm 35 btw (dont know if thats relevant to the questions)