Dr. Manuel Gutierrez Romero

MrMatt

Anyone used this Dr for hair transplant surgery ? I search the forum and there is no mention of him. His website & credentials seem very impressive:

renowned plastic surgeon with over 16 years experience,is board certified Doctor of Plastic Surgery and a member of the Mexican Association Mexican Plastic Surgery.He is currently the Secretary General of the College of Surgeons of Baja California (CCPERBC).

I spoke with him on the phone and he was very knowledgeable and professional.I found some favorable reviews on RealSelf, but all were other cosmetic procedures not hair transplants.

I have had 1700 FUT grafts at a cost of $6850 and have been evaluated to need about 3000 more. After doing a great amount of research and reading actual reviews (not the put-ups we've all read) I believe a person can get a very good hair transplant in Mexico at a fraction of the cost compared to the US, if you do your homework.

• 1 year later...
Did you end up going there?

I have not hear of him, but am looking into Neopel and Baja hair center.

No, I sent him pictures of my hair loss & never heard from them again, same with Neopel, never responded to my emails.

Dr.Gutierrez Romero has too many irons in the fire IMO, performing both cosmetic surgery & HTs. I decided to pass on him & others in Tijuana because I could find very little information, most was good, some was bad...but not near enough to make an educated decision.

I ended up going with Dr. Luis Nader in Reynosa Mexico & I am very happy with my results.