Ht into native hairs

i have seen pics of guys having the temples fixed or the really thin hair on top, but does anyone have pictures of guys or what to comment on the success of having at ht into what I would call about 40% of native hairs. I am trying to lower my hairline and increase density, but I am so worried about losing my native hairs!

Comments greatly appreciated and pictures

From personal research shock loss/losing native hairs seems to be more common when the surgeon uses automatic tools/ARTAS, isn't particularly skilled or uses technicians to transplant the hairs.

In fact I would go ask far to say that automatic tools/ARTAS seems to be responsible for the majority of disappointing results. Although that's just from what I've seen here and I am by no means an expert on it!

All my 3 HTs (strips) were into existing hair since I am a diffuse thinner (NW 5+) . Look for my posts from 2011 and then recently. I first started with firming up my hairlines back in 2004 , then added some bulk to the frontal third (2011) , and most recently filled into the mid scalp area . My native hair continued to fall in the meantime (I did not take any meds until now) -- so what I have left now on top is pretty much grafted hair from HT #1 and HT # 2 and I am awaiting growth from my current HT #3 (am 2.5 months post op) .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fortune11 no idea how to find your pics, but if you could post a pic before all your hts. The. After the first 2nd and third. Also how old were you that you started to thin.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178246-dr-ron-shapiro-recent-fut-my-hair-transplant-3-a.html

Above is the link which has my photo from 2004, after the first HT (Dr Ron Shapiro) . I was 28 back then. My hair loss started when I was 19 . It first began as a bald spot on the crown but then quickly evolved into a diffuse pattern all over the scalp and I hated the "see through hair " look , it also made styling very difficult .

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

From what I've heard there is a possibility of losing native hairs when transplanting around them but the (possible) loss would/should only be to the follicles that are going to eventually go anyway due to MPB. This does bring up a question of "when" they might go. For instance my loss is very slow because I've been taking Fin for years. So would I lose hairs that might have stayed for 5-6 more years if I transplant around them? The answer I've gotten from doctors is "Maybe". It hasn't been worth the risk for me up to this point.

Hope I helped to answer your question.