FU's on your arm/legs correlate to the hair on your head?

azn_guy

I was just wondering, I know there has been quite a few articles EVERYWHERE about follicular units, but I was wondering if there is any correlation between arm/leg/pubic hair and your head.

The reason I ask is because I'm not a hairy person so I can easily take a look at my arm and leg hair and the hair's are all groupings of "1", meaning I dont see any groupings of 2/3/4.

I wonder if this correlates to the amount of hairs per follicular groupings

So in conclusion, ALL my leg and arm hair are single units

Anyone on here notice groupings of 2/3/4 on their own arms/legs? Just curious...

Interesting question. I notice a lot of two and three groupings on my arms and legs. Not sure how that relates to the head though. My hair is coarse and pretty thick but its also dark and my skin is fairly light.

by the way, I looked at my chest hair too, it's all 1's

icon_smile.gif

What I'm always scared of is HT doctors rely on the 2's, 3's, 4's

just imagine if they take a donor strip from the donor area with the expectation of roughly 3000 grafts to realize from the 3000 grafts, I have 3000 hairs

Obviously this is not the case, but who knows...

I would hope if the doctor were to strip out 3000 grafts, then I would be grateful to get hopefully 6000 hairs out of it.

I guess the best approach here would to go to the HT for a 2nd consultation and ask them specifically where the strip is and figure out how much is available, is this too much to ask during a consultation?

Really an interesting topic.

Generally speaking that Grouping of "1" doent correlate to the Donor Area of your head.

Its also important to know that the character,colour and growth rate of the hairs having on the arm are totaly different form the hairs of the donor area.

So equal no of grafts of the donor area and of the and arm not produce the same result.