Pay peanuts...

Hi all

In many forums, the same question gets asked,'who is the best hair surgeon?'

This cannot be answered, as it is too subjective.

In a race to the bottom, price seems to be peoples number one criteria. Understandable, if money is tight.

Selection of a hair surgeon is a huge decision to make. Like so many other things, I don't believe your decision should be based on lowest price.

So, a more objective(and surely verifiable?) question could be asked:

Who are the top 3 most expensive hair surgeons?

Assume they all quote for the same job.

They can be worldwide or they can be local, e,g in America, in UK etc.

I realise that most expensive, does not mean best, but it can be a pretty good indicator of quality.

Edited by mdarcy

The results should be the best indication of quality. Contacting patients and shopping around yields excellent dividends. Never pay too much or too little...

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Price should be an indication of results. That's economics.

Paying for a brand e.g beats headphones, does not muddy the water, as you are not displaying a premium logo, on your head.

Time and resources are limited. If a Doctor is getting the best results, why would he/she not charge a price to reflect this? If the results are of such stand out quality, then the demand should be outstripping supply.

Location is also economics. It wouldn't make sense for a doctor in Asia to charge $8 a graft. He wouldn't make any money. In my estimation there are at least 5 high caliber surgeons in Asia. Should their work be discredited just because they charge a fraction of the price compared to Western doctors? You have to pay attention to your potential clientele. If there are 3 quality doctors in a 100 mile radius, would you pick the most expensive of the lot? Your logic is fundamentally flawed.

As opposed to just being flawed!

You can't factor in location?

You're also going to rule out the majority of comparable Doctors, on the basis of what you see as an exception?

Also, if these Asian(A whole continent, carefully reduced to only 5 good Doctors?)Doctors are that good, I would fly out. This is a life changing operation, why on earth would I not spend that bit extra on the flight, and according to you, these guys will compensate me, by charging bargain basement prices!

Why are customers not beating a path to these Doctors' doors? If they are, why have these Doctors not adjusted price to balance supply and demand. Altruism?

If they are that good, why don't they relocate and charge a higher price?

This is not about one Doctor charging $7.99 and another, charging $8. If there are significant differences in price, the very least we should be doing, is asking why. You can then compare the results and see if they really are the best. The absolute price of the surgery means it is not a commodity market, so again, the best should be charging the top price. The Absolute price means they should not have to rely on local market.

A Genuine problem with using Price as a barometer might be a celebrity surgeon, who charges top dollar, based on the results he gets and publicises wrt. celebrities and then has another surgeon perform the work on you, while charging you the same price, he charged Celebrity X.

I want to stress, I mean no disrespect to people who are hunting for the lowest prices and I am in no way saying one of the criteria I would use to select a surgeon, is superior than yours. Your research could be a heck of a lot better than mine and so you can determine value for money. i.e my wife! who can spot a bargain a mile away and yet still picked an lemon like me.

KgCan't comment on the US, but in Europe the docs who charge the most that I know of are, in no particular order, Feriduni, Lorenzo, Bisanga and Reddy. I think you could also make an argument for these four being the best, or near to the best, in Europe as well.

Fundamental as in the basis as in the root of your argument.

It sounds like money is not a factor for you. If it was you wouldn't even conjure up this convoluted argument. Yes, in my estimation there are only about 5 viable hair transplant surgeons within the continent of Asia. There's only about 20 people worldwide who I would let touch my head and 5 happen to be in that continent. Is there a problem with that? If any of these surgeons decided to rely on Western pricing they would be isolating the majority of their own people. That's not rocket science - it's simple economics. In Asia you might be surprised to see how far a dollar can go. And how do you know customers are not "beating a path" to these docs. I've done my research and the waiting list is several months for these guys, is that not exclusive enough for you?

@FUE2014 is right - those are the best European docs and they do charge top dollar. If you want to spend more just because than you should pick one of them. Or, if you're looking in America you're sure to find docs charging you $10 a graft FUE without the results to back it up. Go with them. Or, you could do your homework and just look at the results. Put money into the background for now and see which doctors have the most patients posting the most consistent results. Then see how much those guys are charging. The price differential between top surgeons will probably shock you. Good luck!