FUE Day 14 query

Hi guys,

I'm 14 days post op and asking for some advice. I've been ultra cautious and been washing the hair very gently in the time since returning from Turkey...

Here's an image of the top scalp skin now.

Just wanted to ask the experienced veterans if now would be ok wash the hair normally and thoroughly? Judging from this picture

I'm just concerned that I might harm grafts etc, thankfully no bleeding has happened at any point and not many little hairs have fallen out when rinsing the dinor and recipient areas...

image.jpg.f8fc1d2b5517aba829b3d30a44088dad.jpg

DCMB,

Did your physician provide you with aftercare instructions? Surprisingly, these directions vary quite a bit from clinic to clinic.

Generally speaking, by 14 days post-op, you are safe to shampoo as normal. However, I always recommend following your surgeon's specific instructions.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi David,

Yes these were the instructions as i remembered and recorded. I had 2 sessions and had the final one two weeks ago on this Friday.

Day 1 don't wash the hair (Saturday)

Day 2 remove bandages (Sunday)

Day 3-8 (Monday) Wash hair (donor area and transplanted) by putting moisturiser cream on areas very gently. Leave for one hour and then use shampoo to mix and rinse

Air dry hair

Day 9-14 same process but with gentle finger movements and some light towel drying of transplanted and donor area.

Air dry remaining hair

Day 15 onward. wash and dry hair like normal.

I was going to wash like normal two weeks to the day of the final procedure to wash out the remaining scabs etc.... I'm just nervous of lots of hairs being washed out etc