Shedding on meds

Hi members,

Ive been contemplating getting a ht but first i have been told i should really start in meds before i do have a procedure. Which is fair enough i suppose.

So i want to aviod propicia and other affiliated names because the potential side affects out way the positives imo.

So the only option is monoxidile. The only thing i fear is the shedding part. Has anyone had experiance with said drug? what was the shedding like? And what form did you use foam? or liquid?

When i think of the term 'shedding' i instantly think all my hair sheds at once. and thats what i do not want obviously. So i guess im asking does it generally make you bald for a couple months untill the monox works and new stronger better hairs grow back or is it a gradual thing with some hairs falling out day to day like normal hair falls.

Look forward to your replys. :D

Meds means finasteride, minoxidil is not a substitute for fin, and won't really help that much in retaining hair. Do you think you are the first guy here that is worried about sides from fin? Just take the pill, your loss is too aggressive to dawdle around with.

It was my understanding that they both do the same thing or am i wrong?

They are totally different. Finasteride blunts the attack of androgens on your hair follicle, minoxidil is a growth promoter that promotes anagen, but it won't protect your hair.

Thanks campbell what are the days you would take 1mg fin every other day? Could you do.. Monday,Wednesday,friday? and then miss out the weekend or would you add in sunday?

Oh right thanks for clearing that up KO. Have you taken it yourself?