Is a Numb and Sensitive Scalp 2 weeks post FUT Normal?

Hey Guys,

Just wanted some advice as i still have some numbness and soreness, like sunburn, on certain ares of my scalp. Today i am 2 weeks since my procedure. I've read that the numbness is normal but just wanted to check it out with you guys on here as there is no better advice as that from the people who have all been through it.

Thanks in advance.

Thankyou Squatch

What about the sunburn like sensitivity? Normal to?

I really didn't notice any sensitivity. Mine was numb. The only thing that was noticeable was the tightness of the incision. Never really hurt after the first night, just aware.

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

The numbness is the result of nerves being severed from both the strip excision and also the recipient incisions that are made for the grafts. So not only can the donor area be numb but also the recipient area.

Nerve endings do repair themselves and why most of us regain feeling in the scalp. The time for this can vary post-op with some individuals experiencing numbness for up to 12 months or a tad bit longer.

The sensation of tenderness is mostly just related to the trauma in the scalp from the surgery itself. That also dissipates with time...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY