Tips for prep and aftercare to get best results?

Hey folks -

I'm planning my HT for later on this year. I'm wondering: what's the best things one should do before and after the HT in order to get the best result?

I've heard things like the following:

- scalp exercises before the op

- hold off from exercise for a few weeks after the procedure

What's the full list of things one should keep in mind, though? Keen to hear people's thoughts and suggestions.

I would say one of the main things you can do is to start taking Finasteride if you're not already.

Also, eating healthy and maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle will help build your immune system and overall look and feel of your hair. Look into some different supplements you can take as well. There a lot of different combos out there and they vary from person to person - no magic formula. Me personally, I take Saw Palmetto, Choline/Inositol, and Biotin daily in addition to the Finasteride.

The scalp exercises and holding off from exercise post-surgery would only be applicable if you're doing FUT.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Lots of information in the sticky at the top of the page.

Spex wrote this some time ago take a look it has some useful and relevant info in there.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/145591-hair-transplant-tips-info.html

If you are going for FUT/Strip then scalp exercises are recommended as they work. If you can do 1/2 an hour every day for 2 months. Some people have naturally very loose scalps and this is not a requirement but still advisable.

If you have limited movement then you must do as much as you can.

Good luck.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson