Any women on here that have had FUT??

Curious how you hid the transplant after? I can't really wear bangs because due to the texture of my hair, the hair does not really lay flat on my forehead. Curious around what week the transplant is not really noticeable? Even after the discoloration is gone, it seems the stubble/grafts would be noticeable for potentially up to 8 weeks? any input would be great - from men and women. thank you.

Moki,

By FUT, do you mean strip surgery? In my opinion, female hair loss sufferers do particularly well with strip. The results are usually dramatic, and the strip scar is rarely an issue.

What do you mean by "not really noticeable?" The grafts should shed and the redness should subside by post-op month 2 (8 weeks). However, most look presentable and return to normal activity much earlier.

Grafts will start to grow starting at month 3. I'm guessing you can style your hair in a way to minimize the difference in length until the result is fully matured.

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Most women can easily hide the linear strip scar because of the length of their hair in the donor zone.

And if you are having grafts added to your hairline, you should be able to style and either brush or comb your hair across the area to hide the post-op scabs and crusts. Using a little hair spray or gel can help to hold the comb-over in place. The crusts are ready to come off by 7-10 days post-op if you are a normal healer.

And if really necessary, you can also wear a scarf or loosely fitted head-band over the area because women generally have many more options in styling than we men do.

No one will ever think or know the difference...:)

Lastly, the potential of sympathetic shock loss in the recipient area would be a concern if your hair loss involves a diffused thinning pattern. That is very typical with female related genetic hair loss. If that is the type of thinning that you have, then discuss this with your surgeon because they may advise you to approach your restoration with a lower density level to help minimize the potential of shock loss to your native weaker hair.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY