Skiing 3 weeks after HT

Grafts at 10 days are part of you at that point, they would have to be surgically removed . If you had a strip you would be at the point of protecting your scar. As always I would double check with doctor.

Obviously your surgeons recommendation should take priority , but I am assuming by posting here you want other opinions --- In my view , skiing itself is not the problem but unless you are extremely careful, there is a decent chance of an uncontrolled fall which may strain your neck and donor area which can affect the scar. While most doctors recommend some form of physical activity is fine at 3 weeks (I myself began mild workouts at the 2 week mark) , it is the unpredictable aspect of what may wrong when you are skiing that could be an issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys, had the sutures out yesterday and they tell my I am healing quicker than normal. My surgeon is ok with me skiing and back to very light exercise. I agree that a fall could be bad for the suture sight, but it would be hard to miss the annual fellows ski trip. This is yr 27 in a row..