2000 grafts dr karadeniz

rossco123

1966kph,

so glad all went well over in turkey for you and you happy with everything. It goes to show that we should not just trust the recommended surgeons on this site, as our contrasting experiences shows. I read your post and looked at photos, it looks like he has done a cracking job, i cant believe given evidence like that and also other work of his i have noticed since speaking with you he cannot be discussed etc... and what a great price aswell... you gotta be happy with all aspects... I was laughing as i wished there were a few more FUE patients on my flight like yours lol, i was the only 1...

as you can see from photos ive had quite a bit of loss on top, both at front and towards middle, but ive read alot into it and this was the norm around thye 2 week mark...because i was devestated when i saw scabs in sink with hairs attacthed, i thought i did something wrong etc.... but it will all grow back as when they fell out there was no blood or trauma to the area, so im hopeful nearly all will grow back....

Yeah Dr Karidenez is not my favourite person and as i said i just hope his hair transplanting skills matched his mouth/confidence and not his lack of customer service...he could learn a hell of alot from people/other companies he slates on this site...but i guess he will just be counting the dosh and on to the next patient

Like you i hope we both have the hair growth we want...im hoping to be thick at the front, and not havce to worry about the wind blowing my hair and showing ma bald bits lol.... onwards for the next year now

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh its looking a fair bit thinner on top but it will probably all start growing in at a similar time as the transplanted hair.

Thanks for making the effort to update us with photos.

You'll be fine its just a test of patience waiting for growth now.

Good luck to you.

Have a good evening.

i think because i am not keeping it shaved at present(because i do not suit the crew cut) it would not be as noticeable.... yeah well thats it, where all the grafts went in it like stubble at present, but i am hopeful....

yeah from reading the various posts we are all the same, we hate this period and always just wanna fast forward down the line where we see the full results...

Same to you mate, keep in touch and will keep an eye on your post for your results etc.... its good to know someone that has been for transplant at same time....

Hay rossco123,

Thanks for the update. I hope it all pans out the way you want it to.

Its quite shicking to read about dr karadeniz after care i to was going to go to him for my ht but things just didnt add up. The first flag was when i asked how many grafts he thought i needed amd he said enough to cover your head.. I actaully LOL at that when he sent that email back to me but i thought nothing of it and was going to go through with a ht with him but got put off by his attitude and the way he answered my questions. like you said he talks a good game but as for after the procedure im not to sure he cares. and now what youve said just clarifies it for me.just because hes a recommended doc on this site doesnt mean all that much imo unless they got good costumer service and aftercare which some recommended docs on here have. I mean from what ive seen on youtube and in this site he knows what hes talking about but I think he needs to take a leaf out of the docs that are getting good reviews book because we as patients good aftercare and good one to one patient care before during and after.

Anyway it looks like youre on track, with as you say a little shock loss and i hope for you they come back stronger. But overall it looks good.

Have a good day/night

Hey Wwiizzkkiidd

Good to hear from you man. Yeah i liked what i heard from him,like you did...listened to him on website and thought yeah this guy seems like he knows what he talking about.. but i guess the 1 thing he leaves you with is funny lol moments when you reflect back on it.... i still laugh at the good will gesture of 10 euros...and if i accepted it would be paid through paypal... so minus fees and exchange rate be lucky to have a fiver lol.... its pretty poor though and i do think more people will realise this about him and be put off...because us guys from the uk expect a certain level of service no matter what we pay...and when you hear the service other guys have had with other surgeons you realise he has a hell of a long way to go to be classed as 1 of the best...

Yeah loss of hair looked worse on photos...guess u never realise the extent until you see it.... just cant wait to see final results and like you say im hoping they grow strong.... thanks for the compliments though mate...

Have you thought anymore about transplant yet?

Good to hear from you man. Yeah i liked what i heard from him,like you did...listened to him on website and thought yeah this guy seems like he knows what he talking about.. but i guess the 1 thing he leaves you with is funny lol moments when you reflect back on it.... i still laugh at the good will gesture of 10 euros...and if i accepted it would be paid through paypal... so minus fees and exchange rate be lucky to have a fiver lol.... its pretty poor though and i do think more people will realise this about him and be put off...because us guys from the uk expect a certain level of service no matter what we pay...and when you hear the service other guys have had with other surgeons you realise he has a hell of a long way to go to be classed as 1 of the best...

I totally agree mate. hopefully hes skills lie in the the actual results.

Have you seen campbells profile? He's hair looks good imo. I hope yours turns out the same if not better.

I have been thinking bout it a lot recently but i think im going to give propecia a try first with my aggressive pattern its something i must man up and try if i want to keep my existing hair. But if i notice any sides im getting straight off them and hope the sides go away.

Are you taking any meds?

No ive not seen campbells profile...how would i find it? Ach i think he knows what he doing,i was upset re my sides buts not getting filled but as he said he wanted it to look as natural as possible,where dome peoples looks like work been done...

You no what they will always be there,you just gotta wait until you ready. I perhaps rushed into mines as i had a 2month space in life although i did research the surgeons...and if turkey becomes crazy prices another country will take there place.

Ive bot taken any meds yet,im still bit scared of all that to be honest ive read far to many things about it...i no alot will never happen but just even the slight chance is enough to put me off like. Ive got a pack there that i bought after transplant but i just am not 100%.... you will have to let me know how you get on with them

Rossco123,

I have tried to answer your questions many times and to find out where your dissatisfaction comes from, but it seems I have not succeeded. Looking at what youı have been saying I see that your complaints are concentrated mainly at two points; the graft number and the hotel. I would like to clarify these issues publicly here.

1. The pricing at that time was fixed for 2000-2999 grafts and the financial agreement made. We did exactly 2000 grafts, so the graft number was done according to the agreement and our company does not owe you anything for that. Whether some prefer the per graft pricing or the pricing for graft intervals is another discussion. I did mention to you in an email that you may need 2500 grafts, but this was nothing to overrule the financial agreement. It was an estimation of graft number that I decided to lower after examining you closely, as you did not need more than 2000. If I had decided that you needed 2999, I would have done it with no extra charge. Besides, you did not mention at the time of surgery that you wanted 2500 grafts or else you would complain. If you had mentioned me your concern, I would have easily extracted 500 more grafts, handed them to you and asked you what you intended to do with them. It would have taken me at most another hours work. So, I don't see why you suddenly appeared on the forum, complaining about the graft number when it was too late to do anything about this.

2. I had over 200 international patients staying at the hotel you stayed at without significant complaint. At least half of these patients were from the UK. I am aware that this is just a bed and breakfast hotel intended for an all-inclusive hair transplant package that kept extra costs at minimum. I did upgrade my patients to a 5-star hotel when patients asked for it and were prepared to pay the extra cost. In fact, after increasing our package price slightly it has been possible to include the 5-star hotel with no extra cost, but your package price was when it was cheaper. You mentioned to me the day of surgery that you had a problem with getting breakfast, so I told my nurses to serve breakfast at the clinic and they did so. If you had told me you encountered the same problem the day after surgery, I would have invited you to the clinic to serve breakfast once more, or told the nurse to serve you breakfast when you came for a wash. After you insisted that you did not get the breakfast you deserved and made a really big fuss about it, I had to ironically offer you a 10 Euro refund for the missing breakfast as this is the actual cost of the breakfast. The offer was not intended to be insulting, but was the only offer I could do after you complaining so much about it. When you sounded much more communicative on emails, I offered you a free night at the 5-star hotel for anytime you came to Turkey, as a gesture, but it seems my offer has worked the opposite way. Please note that this offer was given just out of good will, not because I thought we owed you anything.

Finally, it has recently been obvious that the 'Turkish technician clinics trolls' are aggressively active on the forum in trying to devaluate recommended surgeons on the forum. Representatives of these clinics are using every chance to insult surgeons that do serious work. Complaining patients are an excellent opportunity for them to damage surgeons reputations by provoking destructive discussions. I have even been accused of using technicians for graft extractions while being the only recommended Turkish surgeon that does all graft extractions. Members should be aware on what is really going on.

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD (Dr. K)

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

Actually all the Doctors I spoke to before travelling to Turkey for my hair transplant[Dr Resat] gave me an estimate of how many grafts I would need [estimate being the key word] with the understanding on the day of transplant a more exact figure would be calculated depending on the donor hair calibre etc. In my case being a Norwood 5-6 the amount was more donor dependant I will need another transplant as the 4200 grafts won't be enough for a satisfactory result but if I was a Norwood 3 and the Doctor said 2000 was enough grafts I would be delighted as saving donor hair for any future ops is essential. As for the pricing block pricing is pretty standard and normally works out a lot cheaper than price per graft.

So to summarise being given an estimate of how many grafts needed is just one of the vagaries of travelling abroad for a hair transplant and no Doctor worth his salt will give you an exact amount of grafts to be placed based on pics alone.

Edited by Mick50

Why is it dr that when anyone says anything that you deem to be negative about you find it nessary to start calling them names?

Roscoe is perfectly entitled to tell what has transpired and we are all perfectly entitled to comment on what he has told us.

Theres no conspirancy if he was happy with all you have provided he would have said so.

I think his biggest issue has been to do with your pricing and transport and hotel all of which would have probably been handled better at exactly the same price if the agency had handled it.

In regard to pricing I believe the is scope for change and if you look at it this way- what would his price of been if you had give him just one less graft? You gave him the least possible number to fall within a higher price bracket.

I think these were his biggest issues and rightly so I think.

As I said earlier your practice is somewhat in its infancy so allowances should be made and as I also said its results that matter and as long as he's happy in this regard all this will be forgotten about.

I think as a recommended doctor here you really need to stop taking things to heart so much when people say things you don't agree with and stop insulting people who comment.

You have a nice weekend.

Rossco123,

I have tried to answer your questions many times and to find out where your dissatisfaction comes from, but it seems I have not succeeded. Looking at what youı have been saying I see that your complaints are concentrated mainly at two points; the graft number and the hotel. I would like to clarify these issues publicly here.

1. The pricing at that time was fixed for 2000-2999 grafts and the financial agreement made. We did exactly 2000 grafts, so the graft number was done according to the agreement and our company does not owe you anything for that. Whether some prefer the per graft pricing or the pricing for graft intervals is another discussion. I did mention to you in an email that you may need 2500 grafts, but this was nothing to overrule the financial agreement. It was an estimation of graft number that I decided to lower after examining you closely, as you did not need more than 2000. If I had decided that you needed 2999, I would have done it with no extra charge. Besides, you did not mention at the time of surgery that you wanted 2500 grafts or else you would complain. If you had mentioned me your concern, I would have easily extracted 500 more grafts, handed them to you and asked you what you intended to do with them. It would have taken me at most another hours work. So, I don't see why you suddenly appeared on the forum, complaining about the graft number when it was too late to do anything about this.

2. I had over 200 international patients staying at the hotel you stayed at without significant complaint. At least half of these patients were from the UK. I am aware that this is just a bed and breakfast hotel intended for an all-inclusive hair transplant package that kept extra costs at minimum. I did upgrade my patients to a 5-star hotel when patients asked for it and were prepared to pay the extra cost. In fact, after increasing our package price slightly it has been possible to include the 5-star hotel with no extra cost, but your package price was when it was cheaper. You mentioned to me the day of surgery that you had a problem with getting breakfast, so I told my nurses to serve breakfast at the clinic and they did so. If you had told me you encountered the same problem the day after surgery, I would have invited you to the clinic to serve breakfast once more, or told the nurse to serve you breakfast when you came for a wash. After you insisted that you did not get the breakfast you deserved and made a really big fuss about it, I had to ironically offer you a 10 Euro refund for the missing breakfast as this is the actual cost of the breakfast. The offer was not intended to be insulting, but was the only offer I could do after you complaining so much about it. When you sounded much more communicative on emails, I offered you a free night at the 5-star hotel for anytime you came to Turkey, as a gesture, but it seems my offer has worked the opposite way. Please note that this offer was given just out of good will, not because I thought we owed you anything.

Finally, it has recently been obvious that the 'Turkish technician clinics trolls' are aggressively active on the forum in trying to devaluate recommended surgeons on the forum. Representatives of these clinics are using every chance to insult surgeons that do serious work. Complaining patients are an excellent opportunity for them to damage surgeons reputations by provoking destructive discussions. I have even been accused of using technicians for graft extractions while being the only recommended Turkish surgeon that does all graft extractions. Members should be aware on what is really going on.

dr Karadeniz,

Firstly if you read through my posts i state that i went with you for a reason and that i believed in your ability, also that the surgery itself went without issue etc, but you cannot criticise me for having an opinion on the whole package even if you believe it was a 1st class service you delivered. The surgery was only part of the experience. Let me say a couple of things

1) the hotel was not the original 1 that was quoted, and not the 1 you told me i was staying at. I only found out about the new hotel when i was actually driving to istanbul from the airport. That is not a 1st class service, i should have known well in advance,also you should have booked sooner or realised the hotel was fully booked before stating where i was staying.The old hotel was bed and breakfast and apparently close to surgery...you said...!! The new hotel/apartment was not close to surgery and did not serve breakfast. You may not believe it, im not being a drama queen, but see the less stress involved the better. So that was not the package i booked up for...thats a fact!!You did not have to "ironically" offer me anything, i was stating facts and stating what i did not find satisfactory with my experience. What would you have me do lie to people, id rather people heard my story, even if i am the only 1 of 200 patients that has complained, i still have reason to. You act and show an arogance that people are not allowed to complain. Even if you look at the technician led clinic trolls or whatever you call them, you will see how faultless some of there services are look at 1966kph experience...you could maybe learn from some of there aspects instead of criticising.

2) As 1966kph says i was at the lower end of the price, 1 graft under and would have paid substantially less. 1 reason i went with you,1 of many was the price, for 2500 you were cheaper than whom my original dr demirsoy was for the same amount of grafts. Most other drs said 2500 was what i needed... This is called reflection, i appeared on the forum to share my experience, this is what it is for after all. Do you know what your arrogance is quite appalling, it is like nobody is allowed to pass opinion. You are not a god... I was a patient of yours, i have no reason to lie or bad mouth you, i am sharing my experience, and if anything hopefully it will highlight a few flaws and allow you to correct things so that nobody else will experience what i did...

1 thing i can say, if i was interested in a HT with you and read the way you reacted to a patient the way you have on my post i for 1 would not be going to your surgery im afraid! for all your qualifications etc manners cost nothing

Take care

Ross

If right was right dr Karadeniz I think you should reimburse the difference between what Roscoe paid and what he would have paid if you had given him one less graft minus the price you would charge for the single graft. That seems fair to me and call me a troll or whatever you like which also does you no favours because most people in Roscoes position would agree with what I have said to be fair.

How much did that one graft end up costing you Roscoe?

Have you a PayPal account if so there you go dr Karadeniz do the right thing.

Have a good day.

We are all trolls according to dr karadeniz because we have an opinion and an opinion that does not agree with him... he has really got my back up here, raging at him....

Yeah 1966kph it be interesting to see his reply to your message there :-) yeah prob cost me a fair few hundred pound like.... With all that went on in the day of surgery i just wanted to get it done and dusted or usually i would have questioned him more re grafts etc my bad....

I hear what your saying about the day.

Its a big day in ones life just like any big day we want it to go as smoothly as possible.

Its a bit of a tiring day for sure even though we just lie there I think its maybe down to nervous energy and a adrenaline dump but maybe I was just knackered with being awake for about 28 hours before I got on the bed for surgery!

Oh well its all done now we await to see if all our efforts and expense was worth it.

Have a good weekend

We are all trolls according to dr karadeniz because we have an opinion and an opinion that does not agree with him... he has really got my back up here, raging at him....

Yeah 1966kph it be interesting to see his reply to your message there :-) yeah prob cost me a fair few hundred pound like.... With all that went on in the day of surgery i just wanted to get it done and dusted or usually i would have questioned him more re grafts etc my bad....

Rossco123,

I would reply to your questions and comments forever, however in this previous statement you have carried it to a different level by saying 'we' and naming yourself together with representatives and promoters of other clinics, if not trolls. I never accused you of belonging to such a group of people, but you chose to name it that way. Therefore I will have to stop making comments here. I believe I have said the necessary things already.

You can call me or email me any time if you have further questions and I can answer them privately. I wish you the best of luck with your future progress and hope that the result you get will make you happy.

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD (Dr. K)

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

• 2 weeks later...

Im a little confused by this post? Firstly congrats on the op looks great but i got lost somewhere near the end? Are you praising your surgeon or telling to stay away? As i was very interested in him at start now i dno lol thanks

Hey matts7989, yeah post has turned a bit crazy... i started it out to explain my journey and experience,however it has turned abit sour. Firstly the surgery part of my experience was faultless, very professional,clean, very little pain.... i went with dr karadeniz because i liked what i heard,the results i saw and also speaking to him,he was compotent and talked a good game. So results i believe will be good...But like my post says there were parts that i felt let down by, speaking to the dr as you will see didnt go to well both via emails and on the post. I felt he was dismissive of my issues and quite patronising, the complete opposite of the way he was prior to surgery. The issues ive had were important to me and my experience and to have them dismissed like they mean nothing has left me with not very much positive to say about him im afraid. I feel you pay for service and there were parts of his that were bad...at end of day i was his patient, i never came on to slag him or his skills. Just wanted to share my experience with him

Hello lol yeh it did turn crazy lol to me i feel like he does a good job gets paid does the job and thats it goodbye onto the next? Im not saying that how he is i dnt know him thats just the feeling i get with reading this thread and your words. So its hard to say now because i need to find a suurgeon that will be there for all my questions after the op like yourself.

How much does he charge? Im.after 1800 fue grafts?

Thanks

Well thats pretty spot on, before surgery was there on skype email etc to answer my queries quickly... but after the procedure it is very much i feel on to the next lot of money, and as soon as he new i was not happy his personality changed. You can see that from his replies on this post. I dont think he has done any favours for himself.

He does not charge per graft like most ive seen he offers prices for certain amounts for example my price was between 2000-3000. But as you will have read in my post i originally got told 2500, which made me extremley happy as his price was competitive for that amount... but as i told on post he then only said i needed 2000...which i am still annoyed about as 1 hair less and i would not have paid the higher amount. So i still feel kinda screwed over on this...my cost was 2600 pounds for hotel and procedure..

All i want is people to read post and not make same mistakes as i did and be careful.

If i am honest i wished i stayed with my original choice but hey i cant change that and look forward to positive results then i guess all be forgotten lol

Yeh i think i will pass on him not because he didnt do a good job but because i still need him to be there after the op you know. But i hope you get thr results your after and hope it pans out.

his price is very good for what he did ill give him that

who was your orignal option to go shead with? Im starting to lean towards dr bhatti now?

Yeah so do i mate, so do i :-)

I no what you mean, you mean, you need support long after procedure, i think we spoilt in uk, plus in uk we expect decent customer service etc

My original choice was dr demirsoy, also istanbul based. Check him out, he has an assistant called muzzafer whom was great with me, answered everything in depth. I read good stuff on here about him. But karadeniz was recommended on here and that swayed me...but perhaps shouldnt have.

Take your time explore all options. Speak to different surgeons and get a feel for everything. See whom you feel best about

Yeh us brits exspect great customer service lol

yeh ill check him out whats his price range do you know?

Well ive been researching for 2 years but those i researched i no longer intend to use

so starts again lol i have a few in mind