Hair Transplant at 22 years old. Short hairstyle questions

Hi everyone,

I am a 22 year old who has had a receding hairline that I first noticed around 20 years old. I am probably considered about a Norwood Class 3 currently. If i do decide to make the big decision I will be choosing between Dr. Feller or Bernstein since they are in my area and from what ive read are 2 of the best. Do you guys think 22 is too young to go ahead with this procedure and should I put it off for a few more years?

I have heard mostly great things about getting a FUE HT. I did however see a few people mentioning that the hair didnt seem natural and you have to keep a certain type of hairstyle to make it look most natural. I usually keep my hair short around a #2 on the buzzer (1/4"). Will a hair transplant to restore my hairline look good in a short hairstyle like this? If so are there any post-op pics of people styling their transplanted hair like so?

I am not sure there is any difference in "stying" options between FUE and FUT. A transplanted hair is a transplanted hair.

The advantages for FUE, generally speaking, are no strip scar, faster donor healing, and potentially more donor area.

The advantages of FUT, in general, a potential for higher % of transplants to survive and grow, more overall donor hairs available, and less cost.

I went to Dr. True for my HT and am very pleased with the outcome. Cannot say enough good things about him, as well as his staff.

May be meeting with him soon yet again to discuss my thoughts for the upcoming months.

Originally posted by diamondlight:

I went to Dr. True for my HT and am very pleased with the outcome. Cannot say enough good things about him, as well as his staff.

May be meeting with him soon yet again to discuss my thoughts for the upcoming months.

do u have any pics? not many patients of his post here, so i would love to see some if you dont mind