Dry hair and Scalp! any vitamin that can help?

sheraz104

Hi, from reading your other posts, you have seborrheic dermatitis. There is no cure for it. It can be controlled, but it will flare up from time to time. Your best bet is to use an anti fungal shampoo regularly, and a steroid lotion when needed for flare ups.

No supplement will help.

I hope this helps

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Hi, from reading your other posts, you have seborrheic dermatitis. There is no cure for it. It can be controlled, but it will flare up from time to time. Your best bet is to use an anti fungal shampoo regularly, and a steroid lotion when needed for flare ups.

No supplement will help.

I hope this helps

Thank you for the reply!

I was taking a multi-multivitamin(perfectil) before and it pretty much arrested the dryness but gave me more flakes and something in that multivitamin is making me shed more hair.

Now that I'm off that multi-vitamin, my scalp is back to being extremly dry and it still flakes.

I'm looking for that specific vitamin which will soothe the dryness. Perfectil has a long list of ingredients in it and I don't which particular one was helping with the dryness.

Thanks

Hi, because Seb derm comes and goes its very difficult to attribute it to something like a supplement. I have had Seb derm on my scalp for 11 years and it is a real pain. I have heard Biotin can help but have never personally tried it.

Over the years I have tried many shampoos but nothing really helps. Rotating shampoos every Few months can help a bit. More recently I have had some success with applying braggs Apple cider vinegar to my scalp in a 1:1 dilution with water, leaving it on for 15 mins then washing out.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suffered with dry scalp and dandruff and crazy flakes. I stopped using regular shampoo and conditioner. I use Nizoral twice a week and no longer have flakes. Don't take hot showers either, I find that in the winter I get dandruff cause I shower with hotter water than in the summer. Might just be bro science but from my experience taking showers with colder water gives me no dandruff.