Taking the plunge!

nyhairloss

Well after semi-seriously considering an HT for several years, I decided after an appointment opened up with Dr. Rahal in January to finally do something about my hairloss.

Dr. Rahal has me diagnosed as a NW 4 and is recommending 3900 grafts to rebuild my hairline and behind and to leave the thinning crown for now. I'm slowly compiling a list of similar grafts/starting points of hts I like to try to zero in on my desired result.

Though I wouldn't mind lowering from my lowest point right now, my bottom line goal is to build a nice natural hairline to get rid of the recession and maybe rebuild some temple to frame my face better.

I'll upload picturees here later of where I am now and where I was and where I hope to be.

Since I'm only 4 weeks out, in addition to the scalp exerciuses I've hired a massage therapist to do hour long scalp masasages 2-3x a week, incorporating some of the scalp laxitiy exercises including neck/head to just get my head/scalp in good overall condition for the HT.

Thanks to everyone on this board who has posted over the years and helped me to make this decusion and lead me to Dr. Rahal.

Thanks David. I didn't mean to inadvertantly plagarize your tag line :)

Here btw is the blog I just started

Hair Restoration Websites

In the process of trying to work around a bug that won't let me upload pics to my 'Celebrtity/Dream Hairlines' and my 'My hairline history' so those are still to come. Any thoughts appreciated!

Congrats man. You're in for quite the journey and we'll look forward to your updates.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thank you! Quite nervous as you might expect. Fortunately I can work from anywhere so am taking an entire month at the guesthouse so I can avoid any unwanted attention/questions back home. I'm hoping/assuming in 4 weeks I can look somewhat normal, and with a hat much of the time in NY in March no one will ever guess. I see the amazing work Dr. Rahal has done with 4k grafts on people whose balding seems more progressed than mine so am very eager to see what he can do. I have the 'advantage' of being 51 so can possibly be more aggressive too.