Aloe Vera Gel Concentrate Post Op on Donor on Receipient area.

Hi, I am having a burning sensation in the Donor area. My skin is very sensitive anyway so thinking of applying Aloe Vera lotion.

I know it is okay to use for Donor area. Would people here recommend for the recipient area also?

By the way I am 3 days post op.

Hope to get some response. Thanks.

HigeHopes

3,400 grafts to the crown and front area.

FUE method at Dr Maral Klinik

HT done on 20th Dec 2014

Hi, I am post op 2 weeks and have used 99 pure organic aloe Vera since day .4 post op and it has worked wonders. For recipient, I have not needed it so far, but my doctor had advised I can start applying to recipient 14 days post op. At 3 days post op u should not be touching the recipient other than spraying saline every 2 hrs or so.

Stinger99, thanks for your feedback. Aloe Vera is definitely good for Donor area so will use it ASAP.

I was hoping that Aloe Vera would also lose the scabs on the recipient area but will not risk it if people in the forum have been advised against it in the first 2 weeks post op.

3,400 grafts to the crown and front area.

FUE method at Dr Maral Klinik

HT done on 20th Dec 2014

My instructions were to start massaging recipient as I wash starting day 8. I did so twice a day and by day 10 all scabs were off. Lightly massage the grafts and on day 9 I would let it soak under soft pressure shower water. For donor, what also helped which I did a few times starting day 3 was to take a warm bath and soak donor and lightly massage for five minutes.

• 3 years later...