My HT with Dr Lorenzo on Oct 2014

Kikiss

Hey guys, I just would like to post some pics and information for anyone who is interested in HT, FUE and Dr Lorenzo. The process and experience during the whole day were as good as other patients, so I am not typing that part here any more. But I would really like to thanks Dr Lorenzo for his effort as he has three or four patients a day but still keep a very professional manner to every patient, and also Vila, who did the 2nd 1000 extraction for me; finally the two girls (Grace and Clara) who are very nice, patient, soft and pretty! they looked after me & my hair very well.

By the way, I am an Asian, from China.

Anyways, I hope what I post would be helpful for you guys, and i will keep this post regularly updated.

Grafts: 2101

Time out: 5 hs

2nd month Update on #23

1YD221014F1_zpse5f3e2a0.jpg

1YD221014P1_zpscbfee83f.jpg

1YD221014C1_zps38286e4a.jpg

3YD221014F4_zps7db09720.jpg

4YD221014S2_zps2d92e448.jpg

4YD221014L3_zps016cccaa.jpg

4YD221014L2_zps39b943ca.jpg

4YD221014P1_zps0f14cf33.jpg

4YD221014P2_zps2f344de5.jpg

5 Days later.....................

5YD271014F2_zps38908da1.jpg

5YD271014F1_zpsd73a849f.jpg

5YD271014L1_zps59755d96.jpg

5YD271014P3_zps1398aaf6.jpg

5YD271014P2_zpsda9954e5.jpg

Thank you!!!

Edited by Kikiss

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! the density achieved for your hairline and frontal zone appears to match your native hair seamlessly. Most HT patients can only dream of having your donor density and the likely incredible result that awaits you in 6 months.

I am not sure now because all hair lost, and there is nearly nothing left in the recipient area at this stage. I wish the result 8 months later would be good....

From his website:

"The procedure is performed exclusively by surgeons. Auxiliary staff or nurses DO NOT participate in any phase of the procedure, only assisting the surgeon which is very important when it comes to quality control"

But apparently that was then but not now. Does anyone know how much hands on experience these techs have? Grace was working at Farjo up until this fall so I doubt that she would have much extraction experience. An optimally successful FUE procedure depends on the sum of it's variable parts, but I view the extraction process as the the most important.

Based on the first hand information gleaned from this network Dr De Reys is the only physician doing manual extractions and slit implantations primarily by himself. He states that exhaustion and excessive grafts exposure time is facilitated by having his nurse(wife) assist in the simultaneous forceps removal of the scored grafts and that sessions are limited to under a 1000 a day and divided over 2-3 days if necessary. I find this approach most desirable and would like to see more examples of his work and hear from actual patients who post their experiences. It goes without saying that he limits his cases to a single one a day but his rates are surprisingly modest considering the obligatory labor expended and the loss of economic benefit by performing multiple cases.

Interesting that Lorenzo's higher rates were justified by the fact he did all the work himself. Looks like he may have given in to demand for his work. Hopefully quality is not affected.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

To be fair his rates are now well within the range of the other European clinics. When he was in Manchester, they were clearly at a premium but to my knowledge he was doing only one case a day and doing the entire procedure other than loading the implanter pen by himself.

I assumed Dr. Vila was assisting him in Madrid for the mega cases. Do you know for sure that techs were doing extractions there prior to the year he was at Farjo?

Yep, he confirmed it as well as guys on recuperarpelo, one poster named xboxnatal who was operated by him.

As one of the best exponents of fue I would trust that Dr Lorenzo will reevaluate if his results become less than outstanding.Many docs have been using techs for some time now but their results have remained stellar I hope the same will be the case with Dr Lorenzo.

At least now he is away from farjo his prices are more atainable to more folk

He's a top doc and I hope it stays that way.

Have a good day all

I am somewhat more skeptical. The other tech assisted FUE docs with the exception of one that I can recall have all had less than stellar results documented here within the past year. Lorenzo's posted cases up to this point on the other hand have all been home runs. Only time will tell, but I do not see this as a favorable development for those who seek the pinnacle state of the art FUE procedure irrespective of price or location.

You have super thick hair, and 2k is a lot of grafts, so it should be an awesome result. May I ask who did your extractions? Was it Grace and Clara?

Dr Lorenzo did the first 1000, the rest was extracted by Vila.

Did you requested specifically who do you wanted to be doing the extraction phase?

Be honest, I thought Dr Lorenzo would do all extraction for me on the day of surgery. I was not informed and also not knowing Vila would be doing the 2nd 1000 before, until the last minute when Dr Lorenzo finished the first 1000 extraction.

I don't want to comment too much on this as everything had been done; nothing can be changed. Besides, Dr Lorenzo trusts Vila very much, and I trust Dr Lorenzo. So just let's see the result in next few months.

To be honest Dr vila is a hair transplant surgeon herself. You also need to consider physician fatigue. It's good you had two surgeons working on you instead of them switching to a technician.

I know you will have excellent results.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Be honest, I thought Dr Lorenzo would do all extraction for me on the day of surgery. I was not informed and also not knowing Vila would be doing the 2nd 1000 before, until the last minute when Dr Lorenzo finished the first 1000 extraction.

I don't want to comment too much on this as everything had been done; nothing can be changed. Besides, Dr Lorenzo trusts Vila very much, and I trust Dr Lorenzo. So just let's see the result in next few months.

You definitely got the good side then, if Vila and Lorenzo did the extractions, as for some patients, a substantial number was done by techs.

Not interested in comments, just wanted to know what i asked, because you've got a PREMIUM service.

I would also trust that Dr. Vila is well qualified to perform extractions but I have doubts that all techs have equal experience and abilities. I agree that prospective patients should be informed as to whom will be performing the extractions before the deposit is requested and that the web page clearly needs to be amended to reflect this significant change in the clinics's philosophy and practice.

I would also trust that Dr. Vila is well qualified to perform extractions but I have doubts that all techs have equal experience and abilities. I agree that prospective patients should be informed as to whom will be performing the extractions before the deposit is requested and that the web page clearly needs to be amended to reflect this significant change in the clinics's philosophy and practice.

Let's say that after i was given three names, i paid the deposit, then none of them performed the extraction.

I was just eager to know if there was some particular way to get the best service. Kudos to Kikiss, now i will stop hijacking the thread.

To be honest Dr vila is a hair transplant surgeon herself. You also need to consider physician fatigue. It's good you had two surgeons working on you instead of them switching to a technician.

I know you will have excellent results.

I agree that physician fatigue is an issue with FUE, so switching off makes sense as long they are well qualified and trained so transection risk does not increase with the switch. From all I have read about Loerenzo, I suspect everyone under his clinic and supervision is well-trained.