Propecia: Itching but not shedding

pdr

Hi,

I have been on Propecia for about a month now, not sure about side effects, but I have noticed on thing the last days. My head is starting to itch, and mostly on the vertex. It doesnt bother me too much now, but I have read about others having the same problem, and I am not sure what the end result was. Also I see others with this issue also having a lot of hair shedding. As I am aware of, I have not noticed any shedding. I also cannot find this side effect on the list of side effects of Propecia.

Nb; Not sure if its just placebo or something like that, but I also feel like the rest of my body is itching more, sounds weird.

Do you guys have any ideas what to expect, or have you been in the same situation?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, itching is one of the side effects of Propecia. You've mentioned that you have not found this side effect in the list of side effects. Here is the detailed description of the medication including its side effects http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/p/propecia/propecia_ppi.pdf . The information is provided by the producers of Propecia.