Please recomend a doctor in Northern Virginia Area

Maany

Hi Guys,

I am new member to this site and wondering if someone can please help me select a good hair transplant surgeon. Seems like there are only two good doctors (William Lindsey and James Vogel) in Norther Virginia/Maryland area. I am considering getting a FUT procedure. Have any of you guys had experience with either one of them. Can you please help?

Kind Regards,

Manny

I also asked same question in another forum and never got answer. From what I read we should stay away from the high volume "shops" such as Bosley. I might check with Dr Lindsey just to see what he says about my hair. Have you heard any feedback about the Virginia Surgical Center in McLean?

I have had a FUT done by clinic in that operates out of Rockville, MD. It was a bad experience essentially summed up by a shady salesman who didn't know what the hell he was talking about and said everything he could to get the sell. I have been seeing Dr. Lindsey for a little over a year or so now in order to figure out a way forward, just saw him this week actually.

My two cents, though Dr. Lindsey has not yet performed the next procedure for me, I trust him more than anyone else. He is very candid and experienced. HTs can be a bit of a gamble in many regards, but I feel like your odds are best with Dr. Lindsey. There are plenty of photos available that you should check out. No experience with Dr. Vogal. Probably not as much info out there as Dr. Lindsey so you will have to dig a bit deeper. VSC has had a lot of well documented horror stories. I would proceed with caution and make sure you do thorough research, though I have had no personal experience with them. The names of the people operating the shop are more important than the shop. If you want feedback, post the names of the sales staff, surgeon, techs ect. There are a few names out there that should be avoided and tend to jump between clinics.

Dr. Lindsey is the surgeon and the one you will consult with so I think that approach leaves patients with the most informed decision. If the surgeon is not the one you are talking to then you should be very cautious on what a sales person is telling you the surgeon can do. Reputation is everything here.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions as you do research.

Another shout out for Dr. Lindsey. If you're in the Virginia area, I highly recommend consulting with him. He's a fantastic surgeon, and a very nice guy, and it will be well worth your time.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thank you all for your comments. I have already been to doctor Lindsay once. My experience with him was not a good one so he is off of my list. Any other recommendations besides doctor Lindsay?

Please advise why you didnt have a good experience with Dr Lindsey?

I am 52 and have never seen a Doctor about Hair Transplantation. My next step was going to schedule an appointment with Dr Lindsey.