Slow grower vs fast grower

Guys, I was thinking if it is possible to draw a reasonable conclusion of how fast your hair would grow by looking at how your newly transplanted hairs are growing before they fall off. Will they grow back at the same rate once they come out of the resting phase? So, by looking at how fast they grew earlier, would it be possible to gauge how long it will take for them to grow to reasonable length?

I am at 3 weeks post op and my transplanted hairs (that are still there) have maybe grown 1/4 an inch, just a little thought that I may have slow growth.

------------------------------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Alexander

Guys, I was thinking if it is possible to draw a reasonable conclusion of how fast your hair would grow by looking at how your newly transplanted hairs are growing before they fall off. Will they grow back at the same rate once they come out of the resting phase? So, by looking at how fast they grew earlier, would it be possible to gauge how long it will take for them to grow to reasonable length?

I am at 3 weeks post op and my transplanted hairs (that are still there) have maybe grown 1/4 an inch, just a little thought that I may have slow growth.

------------------------------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Alexander

It is a very difficult(maybe even impossible) exercise to monitor the growth rate and when the transplanted grafts will get out of the resting phase. Just be patient and stop looking in the mirror.

As for the growth of transplanted hairs, i would expect it to be the same speed as native hairs.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley