Dr. Nakatsui, 1527 grafts vertex

In all patients, we need to consider the possibility of progressive hair loss and this is especially the case in the vertex as hair loss can occur around the entire 360 degree border of the transplanted area. In my office, we discuss this possibility with every patient, particularly those contemplating a hair transplant into the crown area.

In this case, the patient wanted to fill in the crown area and we used 434 single grafts, 865 double grafts, and 228 big grafts, for a total count of 1527 grafts. I had not seen him in many years but he came in a few days ago and told me that it grew in great but has started to thin at the edges. As you can see from the photos, even though the patient had fine hair, the transplanted area filled in nicely but he has had some thinning around the periphery of the transplant over the years.

At this point, the patient is happy with the current state but understands he may very well have to return at some point to fill in the periphery.

Dr. N

PREOPERATIVE PHOTOS

===================================================

15723572017_09408c86b5_b.jpg

IMMEDIATE POSTOPERATIVE PHOTO

====================================================

15883541936_2f92f43973_b.jpg

POSTOPERATIVE PHOTOS

=====================================================

15723295459_fe821fa629_b.jpg

15723295289_4d073f8115_b.jpg

15909342585_b8f8f925f3_b.jpg

Dr. Nakatsui,

Thank you for sharing this patient's case. The crown work looks perfectly natural. I'm curious if the patient is on Propecia or chose not to use hair loss drugs.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...