PA's, Nurses, and Surgery Techs

gillenator

I had a very nice chat over the Labor Day weekend with a good friend who is a tech in HT procedures. He sounded tired so I was glad to see he had a day off other than Sunday. He has been in the field for just over 7 years now and is greatly skilled in cutting and placing.

Every now and then we hear some words of gratitude and thanksgiving for the surgical staffs of HT doctors and I think that is just great. Yes the good HT surgeons deserve their credit but so do the staffs that take pride in their work and help to make the aesthetic outcome successful. I mean I have worked on the inside before and I know how hard some of these individuals work "every day" and some of their own ideas and clinical contributions that often times go unnoticed.

My friend has mentioned to me on occaision that he reads the forums simply to help him gain and appreciate the patient's perspectives and concerns since the patient is on the receiving end of the procedure. To me as a three time HT patient, that is most admirable! icon_smile.gif

Please allow myself and all the recipients of good HT work formerly thank every PA, Nurse, Clinic Coordinator, and Surgical Tech out there who has made a significant contribution in the many, many procedures that have changed so many lives for the better. And let's certainly not forget those important administrative folks either. Although they may not be in the OR, they still are vital members to any successful team. After all, any team is as strong as its weakest link! Many thanks to all involved. icon_biggrin.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I had a very nice chat over the Labor Day weekend with a good friend who is a tech in HT procedures. He sounded tired so I was glad to see he had a day off other than Sunday. He has been in the field for just over 7 years now and is greatly skilled in cutting and placing.

Every now and then we hear some words of gratitude and thanksgiving for the surgical staffs of HT doctors and I think that is just great. Yes the good HT surgeons deserve their credit but so do the staffs that take pride in their work and help to make the aesthetic outcome successful. I mean I have worked on the inside before and I know how hard some of these individuals work "every day" and some of their own ideas and clinical contributions that often times go unnoticed.

My friend has mentioned to me on occaision that he reads the forums simply to help him gain and appreciate the patient's perspectives and concerns since the patient is on the receiving end of the procedure. To me as a three time HT patient, that is most admirable! icon_smile.gif

Please allow myself and all the recipients of good HT work formerly thank every PA, Nurse, Clinic Coordinator, and Surgical Tech out there who has made a significant contribution in the many, many procedures that have changed so many lives for the better. And let's certainly not forget those important administrative folks either. Although they may not be in the OR, they still are vital members to any successful team. After all, any team is as strong as its weakest link! Many thanks to all involved. icon_biggrin.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Gill,

I cannot agree more. There is constant talk about the different physicians and how great they are (which is great), but without an assembled team of great techs, a physician can only do so much. I know from my own experience that a good technician is worth their weight in gold (or even better, hair!) and should get a lot more praise than they usually do.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog