HT Procedure, DR Hakan Doganay - Dec 8th, Istanbul Turkey

Ethan945

Hi there,

Thought i'd post and document my upcoming HT.

I'm having 3,000 grafts (could be more, will confirm in consultation) with Dr Hakan on the 9th December (sorry, not the 8th!) working on temples and top half of head.

I'm actually going to Istanbul for this, has anyone done a procedure in Istanbul with Dr Doganay rather than Antalya? i'm a bit nervous about the change, I hear they are moving clinic in the new year to Istanbul.

Anyways, will keep posting with updates over the next few weeks.

Edited by Ethan945

Thanks.

Quick question for you and others who can shed light - the HT will be at 'Estethica Hospital' in Istanbul - they have a generic website and are quite cheap for HT (not Dr Doganay)

Should I be concerned? I know Dr Doganay is a great surgeon and not sure this is a temporary move before he makes a permanent move to Istanbul in January...

I am looking at the week before in Antalya his rep said come jan they will be full time in Istanbul probably I'm guessing as it's a lot easier to get to the capital city rather then Antalya as I know from the netherlands that there are no direct flights to Antalya but plenty to Istanbul .. He suggested 4k ish grafts over 2 days but I was looking at 2.5 - 3k max in one day ... I know I can't do 2 days on the bounce and would be happier to go back for a 1500 session on another date... His rep said also that 3k is max for dr hakan to do in 1 day which sounds about right but I did see another guy on this forum saying he had 4k in 1 day.

i just spoke late yesterday to the rep and he advised there is a 1 day available on the 8th so i have my flight and will be getting 3000 ( approx, exact amount will be decided on the day) on the 8th december was quite easy to get a direct flight from amsterdam to Istanbul but was a lot trickier for antalya so that swing my decision to have it done 4 days later in istanbul.

so its confirmed and flight booked to arrive the day before on the 7th!

good luck with your procedure on the 9th and i will post some pics when i get my procedure done..

Regards

• 1 month later...

Dr Doganay will be 10 days a month in Istanbul. They started working there because the connection to Istanbul for foreign people is much easier. As I understood they will serve mainly Turkish customers in Antalya.

According to the website they have now different rates for 3 doctors.

Dr Dogany € 2 per graft and € 2.5 for BHT

Dr Turan & Dr Colak € 1 per graft and € 1.5 for BHT

Price-Cost-AHD Clinic FUE Hair Transplant