Question about harvesting of FUs in Telogen phase

I am curious that most if not all strip FUs involve the harvesting and implanting of hairs in the Anagen phase. Statistics suggest that as many as 10 to 15% of total hairs are in Telogen, or resting phase, at any given time.

For a given strip of say 3000 FUs this represents as many as 300 to 400 viable grafts that seem to be discarded with each HT.

Are these grafts simply not harvested because of difficulty involved with identifying/sorting, extracting, orienting etc. or simply because they would not likely survive the procedure?

If the difficulties mentioned above can be overcome with some added care and attention then it seems to me they would make for a good random sprinkling in the crown area after the conventional FUs are implanted if just to provide added density/coverage. Thoughts?

I am curious that most if not all strip FUs involve the harvesting and implanting of hairs in the Anagen phase. Statistics suggest that as many as 10 to 15% of total hairs are in Telogen, or resting phase, at any given time.

For a given strip of say 3000 FUs this represents as many as 300 to 400 viable grafts that seem to be discarded with each HT.

Are these grafts simply not harvested because of difficulty involved with identifying/sorting, extracting, orienting etc. or simply because they would not likely survive the procedure?

If the difficulties mentioned above can be overcome with some added care and attention then it seems to me they would make for a good random sprinkling in the crown area after the conventional FUs are implanted if just to provide added density/coverage. Thoughts?

The surgeon identifies the follicle beneath the skin and then re-implants them (the telogen follicles).

It is the hair shaft that is shed during the telogen phase, NOT the hair follicle (which remains intact) and only minituarizes due to action by DHT. DHT resistant follicles DON"T minituarize. Under microscopic magnification, the surgeon can identify ALL hair follicles.

take care...