Strip questions

saiyquen1234

Hi everyone,

just wanted to gauge some ooinions.

Who would you guys recommend as the best strip surgeons for producing a favourable scar outcome?

Also what is the general consensus regarding sutures vs staples for minimising scar in donor region?

Many thanks in advance!

If you go with any of the top surgeons (the ones recommended on here are a good place to start) your chances of having a thin scar are greatly increased. That being said, sometimes it is the patient's physiology that determines whether a scar will stretch or not. I have two strip scars from two surgeons. One was a total hack, the other a top surgeon. Both scars stretched. They are not huge, but wider than optimal.

So, if a doctor tells you there is zero chance your scar will stretch, he is not being honest. There is always that chance, and this is one of the major downfalls of strip surgery. For some patients, like myself, a stretched scar is a non-issue as I choose to wear my hair long enough that it is not visible. For others this can be a disaster.

Regarding sutures vs. staples, I don't believe there is much difference in effecting the scar's outcome no matter which is used.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com