Fue advice

Hey I am going for Fue at the end of October with Dr. Doganay in Turkey he estimated 1500 grafts. I am just wondering what tips anyone has to aid quicker recovery, either pre op or post op. I have took just under a month off work would this be long enough to get away with it not being noticeable. Thanks for any tips...

Bring a large bandana (or two) with you. The floppy hats that clinics seem to issue their clients with look daft sitting proud on ones head & draw attention (& pretty impractical really). Bandana (I found anyway) blends in better is easy to wash & covers the bandages..etc). Also an inflatable travel neck support for night time & plane.

Just thinking 'off the top of my head' (so to speak!) on things I adapted to in Istanbul as I found I needed them :)

@Perth87

Hi. There are many things that you can do to expedite post-op healing. During the first three days, you must be most cautious and prevent the scalp from being injured. The key to a quick recovery is to start gently scrubbing the grafts with warm soapy water at about four days. After six days, you can aggressively scrub the scalp using a warm washcloth and your finger tips. Remember not to use your finger nails for any reason. Try to keep your hair in the recipient area as long as possible so that it can lay over the grafts.

The donor area can be treated with anti-inflammation cream and warm soapy water. If you keep the donor area clean, you can successfully expedite the healing in the region. In most cases, the donor area can be scrubbed after a matter of a few hours. Your doctor's FUE preparation of the donor area will dictate most of what you will be able to hide, but keeping longer hair will simplify the matter of being detectable. Each preparation method of FUE can offer some limitation.

Best of luck on your future procedure, Perth87!

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for the replies any tips are greatly appreciated. .. is there anything you can apply to the recipient area to heal the redness quicker...Also Campbell how did you find the journey back would you be asked to remove a bandana at security. ..

Never asked to remove bandana at either Istanbul , Amsterdam or UK on return flights. More likely to be asked to remove a floppy hat that sits too high on a bandaged head!

ADVICE...wear the bandana on head & not around face otherwise security might just stop you :)

Thanks for the replies. How soon can you wear a baseball cap on your head after the transplant...Also what is the best way of payment, I know it would work out cheaper paying by cash, but don't think I would be comfortable carrying that much cash on me...

• 2 weeks later...

@Perth87

Hi there. You should have no problem wearing a loosely fitting cap immediately after the procedure. Your clinic could also write a letter requesting that you be permitted to keep the hat on throughout your travels. Try to wait a week if you intend on wearing a hat on a daily basis.

Cards are more expensive for sure, but you'd lose more money if you lost the cash.;)

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians