Surgery in Turkey in December. Questions about paying and visa.

Anyone went to Turkey from USA? Anyone ever use https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/ to get a visa? or tips on visa?

I don't want to carry a bunch of cash while on travel. How did you pay?

I have 1500 graft surgery w/ Dr Dogonay in December.. is leaving the next day in the evening after surgery a bad idea?

This crossed my mind too. Can you get travellers cheques and cash them locally at a bank? With regards to travelling back, I've seen quite a few recommending staying for 3 nights and some throw in 3 nights stay as part of the price. Actually, I just looked at according to his pricing page, the total price "includes 3 days accommodation at hospital, food, transportation in Antalya (not the flight ticket), after care medicines and shampoo and free PRP.". Maybe just confirm with them. Personally I plan to stay at least 3 night just in case there are any issues. If on the very remote chance there were issues and you were concerned, but to be nearby so that you can see Dr Doganay in person rather than having to try and explain over the phone... at least that's my opinion. Good luck with your HT though, please keep us posted and upload pics, etc.

I am planning to go to Turkey for my HT as well. ISIS should not be a worry because they are not in Turkey's borders. Istanbul is faaaar from the Syrian border. I am in touch with Longevita and they said I can leave the day after hair transplant procedure. It should not be a problem.

I am planning to go to Turkey for my HT as well. ISIS should not be a worry because they are not in Turkey's borders. Istanbul is faaaar from the Syrian border. I am in touch with Longevita and they said I can leave the day after hair transplant procedure. It should not be a problem.

Dr Dogonay is in Antalya which is closer to the Syrian border than Istanbul but still far away. Good thing my connecting flight is from Germany and Istanbul so will be out of danger. I'm more concerned of last minute travel restrictions. How big is your surgery?

Dr Dogonay is in Antalya which is closer to the Syrian border than Istanbul but still far away.

Aleppo is the ISIS capital. It's only 363 miles from Antalya. Less than an hour by plane.

Plus, Turkey is sympathetic to ISIS (it's doing nothing to stop it), meaning that those people will have very little trouble entering and traveling inside the country.

ZYZZ - I flew from Atlanta to Germany to Istanbul with about $18K in US dollars. I was paranoid about doing it but it actually was not a big deal. I'd do it again. Just kept it in my laptop bag with me at all times. Never had an issue with customs or anything else. Hotel had a safe in the room. I used that same website for my Visa as well. Very simple to do.

I had planned on going back to have my second procedure done at the beginning of next year but with all that is going on over there I'm not sure that I would. It's only getting worse now. It's disappointing because I thought the people were great over there but I don't want to lose my head anytime soon.

ZYZZ - I flew from Atlanta to Germany to Istanbul with about $18K in US dollars. I was paranoid about doing it but it actually was not a big deal. I'd do it again. Just kept it in my laptop bag with me at all times. Never had an issue with customs or anything else. Hotel had a safe in the room. I used that same website for my Visa as well. Very simple to do.

I had planned on going back to have my second procedure done at the beginning of next year but with all that is going on over there I'm not sure that I would. It's only getting worse now. It's disappointing because I thought the people were great over there but I don't want to lose my head anytime soon.

Did you pay in USD or did you go somewhere to exchange to Euro? It's tough because I've been planning this since the beginning of the year and I even booked the flight and scheduled an appointment 8 months ago

They let me pay in US dollars. I kept it in a money pouch in the bottom of my laptop bag. Customs in Germany and Turkey never batted an eye at it. I just made sure my laptop bag never went out of sight. I only had to keep it in the hotel room the night I got there then paid the full amount the next morning. It was a relief to get rid of it though.

Are you staying in a hotel by their office? Maybe you can request that they pick you up and drop you off each day at the hotel so you don't have to walk the streets as much. I would think they would pay a little extra attention to overseas clients with everything that is going on over there. Just pay extra attention to your surroundings and play it safe while you're there.