Any Alternative to minox?

phat

hey guys,

i have been on fin and niz for my regime and i am thinking to add spiro 5S cream as my part of my treatment. At this moment I dont think I am ready to take minox yet. I am wonder is there any alternative to minox? I have search on the web there is alot different thing it say it can be one of the growth stimulants or minox alternative. Here is the product that i search on the web and see any memeber have comment on it.

AHK-CU

EMU + Castor oil (or other oil)

Spectral DNCTricomin

Folligen

Other (see any of you guys recommend)

P.S. is there any side of using those product?

Please kindly advise

Phat

Hi Phat,

Unfortunately, none of these products have been thoroughly reviewed and tested like minoxidil. It is difficult to recommend any alternative product with no objective scientific data. As of now, the only two - non-surgical - therapies approved for the treatment of androgenic alopecia are finasteride and minoxidil.

Any particular reason why you don't want to take minoxidil?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Blake,

thanks very much for your reply.

i have very sensitve skill, my doctor suggestion me to not using minox and change to fin to block thr dht. And i hear that once u stop using minox, it wilk shed alot, ever your exist hair. So i am trying to find another treatment that can althernive to minox.

sorry for my poor english,

phat

• 1 month later...

How is your current regimen working? I've used a similar regimen and yielded results. I just paired them with some PSO (topical and ingestible) and saw palmetto. I also massage frequently, hot and cold showers and changed up my diet.

having several years of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry, i know that the FDA seal of approval is a marketing tool that only big pharma can afford. obviously in order to get the FDA approval you need clinical trials with proof. so yes, if the fda has approved them then you know it works to a degree but it doesn't discount alternative options since a lot of alternative methods don't have the funding to go through the trials. There was actually a double blind clinical trial done this year that yielded real results from using pumpkin seed oil.

hope this helps