Vladimir V. Panine, MD - Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic - Corrective Surgery

This 57 year old gentleman had previously had 2 hair transplant surgeries over 25 years ago and was uncomfortable with the way his hair was looking. He came to me seeking a solution that would improve the appearance of his hair. After establishing his medical history and understanding the progression of his hair loss, I diagnosed his condition as Androgenetic Alopecia (male pattern baldness), ruling out any other possible dermatological or medical conditions which can cause hair loss. The patient wanted to reconstruct his hairline and add as much density to the frontal 1/3 as possible. After examining his donor area, I felt that I would be able to get enough grafts to make a vast improvement on the appearance of his hair.

A total of 3,448 grafts were used. The break down was as follows: 1,529 single hair grafts, 1,445 two hair grafts and 474 three hair grafts.

I used a significant amount of single hair follicular units which allowed me to create a very natural hairline. This action will allow him to comb his hair without anyone detecting that he has had anything done. These are his results 10 months post-op. The patient is extremely happy with his result and has indicated that this was the best decision he ever made and wished he had done it years ago.

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide6.JPG

Slide7.JPG

Slide8.JPG

Slide9.JPG

Slide10.JPG

Slide11.JPG

Slide12.JPG