HT growth,then....

Hi all,

New to HRN,wished I'd been on here sooner!

My HT was in May.

I followed post op directions to the letter.

The donor scar is virtually undetectable,as I healed very well!

I did however experience complete shock loss on top in the recipient area to my existing hair...

Never having been bald, it was a very traumatic part of the process.

I admit it was a big stressor.

I had plenty of existing hair that would've made the transition to the ht growth phase much smoother...

I knew of the possibility,but didn't expect it to be as extreme,

so the whole hat,cap thing was not an easy every day deal.

I went on Fin about a month + before surgery, added Rogaine to the mix one month post op.

Last month@ 3 months,I had an initial (albeit sparse) burst of growth of the new grafts in the hairline area, and some of my original hair as well..

I haven't had anything to speak of since,now @ 41/2 months,

but the original growth continues to do so...

I read Spex thread about Patience!!!/Growth times etc.which was a read I should've had

months ago'

That said, after the shock loss experience,the start,stop thing has me puzzled..

I certainly hope the stress over the shock loss didn't compromise the growth phase?

Maybe it's just the fit's and starts of the process??

Help!! Thanks

BGinr312,

The best advice I can give you at this stage is try to relax and wait out the growth phase. You are really still in the early stages. I'm sure you did no permanent damage to the grafts due to stress.

Hang in there!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I can't really comment as I haven't had a HT yet, but I've done some research on LLLT, which I use, and came across this forum thread which may be of interest to you. I can't say whether or not it will help, but again it may be of interest:

(Link removed by moderator)

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

Looking through the photos section on this site, most people seem to barely have anything at 4 months.

I think the results of people with better growth than you might be best case scenarios that are posted by the doctors and just generally lucky people.

I've been lucky to have early growth at close of 5 months but I still have 3 areas the size of small pebbles that are still relatively bald. I wouldnt expect these 3 areas to show full growth until 12-15months.

I think the average ht patient experiences growth at 6-9 months so it's just a waiting game BG

Looking through the photos section on this site, most people seem to barely have anything at 4 months.

I think the results of people with better growth than you might be best case scenarios that are posted by the doctors and just generally lucky people.

Transhair that could very well be.I'm sure most HT patients have some early doubts at 3/4/5 months...

in my case it is hard to understand why there was growth at 3 Months,then nothing more...yet...

I've been lucky to have early growth at close of 5 months but I still have 3 areas the size of small pebbles that are still relatively bald. I wouldnt expect these 3 areas to show full growth until 12-15months.

I think the average ht patient experiences growth at 6-9 months so it's just a waiting game BG

Loags that's where I am as of today,5 months...Sounds like you have made some progress.

I got revved when I saw growth at a little over 3 months,but the lack of anything much

since,seems irregular...my surgeon frankly poopooed the question when I brought

it up...At the mercy of time...still...