How to best hide redness in transplant area

Tommytrojan

Hi,

I had about 2500 grafts planted in the hairline area. The procedure is about 2.5 months ago. There is still significant redness in the transplant area and I'm trying to cover it up a bit. I figure I have to keep my hair short for another six months or so. Any suggestions on what clipper size so it doesn't show my donor area too much?

Also, any suggestions on make-up or powders or other stuff I can use to blend in the skin in the donor area a bit better?

I wanted to mention that the 'demarkation line' is clearly visible and also the individual incisions can be seen and I would like to cover that up. I assume once the hair is growing it would cover the incision scars. Also, would you buzz the transplanted area down or maybe even shave it or better to use the same clipper size as for the rest of the hair?

Cheers,

Tommy

IMG_0183.JPG.6a38b26f58842a9d01d7c500b42ef73c.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG.1f1a05e7e1d4efcbe8a8aaef280604de.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG.81c486394687b87cd46589a98a840d4e.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG.6293a5e4803a04569027baa887902306.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG.144ce886fe3a1b5ddc0d5df7fb8f88cf.JPG

Some patients with pale skin can get lingering pinkness last for months especially when it is in the hairline where grafts have usually been placed much closer together. You could use Aloe Vera gel to try to take away the redness when you are not out and about. A little foundation make up the dry powder with a brush works really well in covering this up. If you have any ladies you can confide in to show you how to apply it or borrow from them.

Good luck.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Yes totally fine.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Some patients with pale skin can get lingering pinkness last for months especially when it is in the hairline where grafts have usually been placed much closer together. You could use Aloe Vera gel to try to take away the redness when you are not out and about. A little foundation make up the dry powder with a brush works really well in covering this up. If you have any ladies you can confide in to show you how to apply it or borrow from them.

Good luck.

this is common issue

but you shared beautiful tips, hats off to you :)

Thanks Alex. I hope it turns out well. Although I'm not really stressed about it. :-)

After some back and forth I decided to grow my old hair longer and keep the transplant area shaved for the time being. As the old hair grows and covers my bald spots (like I had it in the past) I'll start growing the new hair that is covered by the old hair, that should be fairly un-noticable. I hope. Anybody has any experience with this? Also, is there any reason not to shave the area? I want to make sure I do everything to the benefit of the new grafts. :-)

Cheers,

Tommy