a cancer drug cures baldness (alopecia universalis)

aldoury

Hello Everybody

I'd like to share with you this news that I read earlier this morning. To be honest, I lost my interest in these "future treatment" stuff because they are just promises . Anyway, I got this E-mail this morning and it looks like they found something interesting, a " CURE" for the bladness! at least that's what they claim

This is the entire message :

A breakthrough new treatment for the rare form of baldness known as alopecia universalis - in which patients have no hair whatsoever on their entire bodies - may turn out to be useful for treating ordinary baldness and hair loss, although researchers are still not sure.

Using a drug designed to treat rheumatoid arthritis, a Connecticut dermatologist named Dr. Brett A. King helped a 25-year-old patient with zero hair on his body grow a full head of hair in eight months.

The man was afflicted with alopecia universalis, a rare form of hair loss that has no cure or long-term treatment.

The problem: The drugs are expensive... very, very expensive. According to one account, the drugs can cost up to $25,000 a year with insurance. What's more, they are serious drugs with serious potential side effects. But all indications are, they work!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
outside link removed

Ald,

Here are the two recent stories about alopecia areata treatment with one drug designed for rheumatoid arthritis and another designed for the treatment of myleodysplastic disease (bone marrow disease):

Arthritis Drug Reverses Hair Loss in Patient with Alopecia Universalis

Bone Marrow Drug Regrows Hair in Alopecia Areata

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Ald,

Here are the two recent stories about alopecia areata treatment with one drug designed for rheumatoid arthritis and another designed for the treatment of myleodysplastic disease (bone marrow disease):

Arthritis Drug Reverses Hair Loss in Patient with Alopecia Universalis

Bone Marrow Drug Regrows Hair in Alopecia Areata

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.