Sleeping techniques post op

I will be having a FUT procedure within the next 7-8 months....However I'm already very concerned about the DOs and DONTs after the procedure.......Lets say sleeping technique for example,I have a very bad way of sleeping...meaning often I put my face downwards on the pillow and sleep.......I guess the best way to sleep would be facing straight up,right?..so that there is not pressure on the frontal 'receiver' areas........but won't it hurt my donor area?....Seeking advices from people who have had hair transplant surgery

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. Sleeping is awkward for the first few nights you are best to prop yourself up and support your neck with a travel neck pillow and sleep on your back elevated with some pillows behind you and to your sides almost like an armchair of pillows if you can imagine. You need to avoid sleeping face down and the recipient area resting on the pillow as you could end up sticking to the pillow and loosing grafts.

Once the first few nights are out the way and the grafts are secure you can start to sleep in different positions but the face down one is not good and should be avoided you are going to need to learn to sleep on your back so start practicing it now.

I am a terrible sleeper and have gone through this many times now you will be ok maybe a little sleep deprived for the first few days.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

i see you are from India, have you considered FUE with Dr Bhatti, as for the recovery of FUE its really painless, a little numbing and sleeping is upright but it is ok with a travel pillow

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

i see you are from India, have you considered FUE with Dr Bhatti, as for the recovery of FUE its really painless, a little numbing and sleeping is upright but it is ok with a travel pillow

I will be coming to UK for higher study purpose....so ,I am considering HT from a top surgeon in Europe

also, i will consider FUE....thanks!